Just received a call

by sspo 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• sspo
    sspo

I was checking JWD and just received a call from an older sister to check on me and see how i was doing.

Right off the bat she started telling me how hard times are and everybody is depressed and having a tough time,

on and on and on and how the new system is the only releif and hope we have..........well i could feel my blood boiling and put a stop to it

and just reminded her i just don't believe anymore, i have no more faith but i'm doing just fine and i'm very happy and things are going well for me.

Well, she didn't know what to say after that and started once again how Jehovah is blessing the organization since there are more than 900 KH

being built all over the US.

I let her talk and eventually changed the subject and thanked her for her concern.

Interestingly it's been more than 8 months since i've been to a meeting, she's the only one that has shown concern

and tries to encourage.

I wonder what the shepherds in the congregation are busy doing?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I wonder what the shepherds in the congregation are busy doing?

Would you welcome a visit??

Hey at least she was thinking about you right sspo?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It sometimes seems it is so hard for jw's to grasp the idea you could be possibly

just be happy with out the religion you left behind. Try not to let it get to you, she was doing

what she thought she should. And maybe she just likes you. Its not the people that are bad its what

is holding and restraining them from being truly happy as they could be.

I try to think about that when I run in to people I used to know.....

cheers!

hope4others

• tan
    tan
    It sometimes seems it is so hard for jw's to grasp the idea you could be possibly

just be happy with out the religion you left behind.

I agree. I've had that same thing happen to me and when I said that I was happy she looked at me like I was lying. Had no result. For people that are supposed to be so positive they sure don't know how to react to positive answers. I find it so funny and fulfilling when that happens.

• sspo
    sspo

Not mad at the sister at all, as a matter of fact she's been very sweet and loving for showing concern

for my spirituality and trying to get me back at the KH so that i could live in the" new system of things"

where we can find true happiness.

My aggravation was toward the idea of looking at people outside the organization as being depressed and miserable

and as we know that's not the case at all.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not to sound cynical (okay, actually it's very cynical), it is late in the month.
    Is she a pioneer or an aux. pioneer for May? Is she calling because it's easier
    than going out in the "ministry" ? I am not suggesting that she doesn't care
    about you or that she would not want to help you. I am simply wondering if
    she needed some time, didn't want to get her JW costume on, so she thought
    of calling you.

Part of the reason I say that is because it sounds like she kept going on when
    it was clearly shown to her that you were not interested in the sales pitch.

Otherwise, I am happy that people care about you, especially when you know
    the elders don't.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah dubs expect everyone e a hard to have a hard time like them. Kinda sad for the worlds happiest people.

I always say that its best to be positive and happy when talking with dubs. I always tell the that leaving was the best thing I could've done.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Sounds like she likes to talk about herself and her problems more than anything. Typical.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    are more than 900 KH being built all over the US.

But, does she know how many are being sold off or closed?

• sspo
    sspo

otwo

She's not a pioneer but very active in preaching and bible studies and truly cares for others in the congr., i've known her for many years and she's very sincere.

I beleive that the majority of the elders when they show concern for others it's because they have to, due to the duty

as an elder and eventual interrogation of the CO when he shows up and checks on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit