Just received a call

by sspo 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gayle
    Gayle

Next time just take her back by saying, "hey, sis, let's get together and go bowling, go golfing, go hiking on a couple beautiful 'specific trails', go to the museum, go to a great movie or two, go to a play, go to the beach, go tubing down the river,,got a good book or two for you read, got a couple of new table games to play that most everybody likes and that's just a starter.

• flipper
    flipper

SSPO- Very interesting thread. It is a common misconception in all cults- including Jehovah's Witnesses, that they think we will all jump off of a bridge after stopping going to meetings, get involved in constant orgies, become severely depressed, go on drinking binges, become a skid row drug addict, etc, etc. The list of negatives goes on and on. The " still in " members can't wrap their minds around the fact that many of us are doing just fine. We aren't near as debilitated as they think. It is nice she showed concern though.

In regards to your question about " What the elders are doing ? " From what I hear lately- they are freaking exhausted , questioning whether they even want to serve as elders . Recently someone on the board mentioned that congregations are only averaging 3 elders per congregation now worldwide. Nobody wants to reach out ; when they won't get support from the society. Too many demands and stresses for them to want to continue. And nobody else wants to reach out. Sounds to me that they are gradually collapsing from within ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• White Dove
    White Dove

That is what my dad is doing right now. Boo-hooing this old system in Satan's control and extolling the wonders of "The Hope." Geez, they talk themselves into a deep depression. Really, JW's have one of the highest rates of depression, and now I see why. If you program yourself to think negatively about everything but the future that hasn't happened yet and is being postponed, you can't help but feel a little depressed. Now, multiply that by several hours a week for many many years and you get a mess of a person. It's pathetic. So much negativity about life now is very unhealthy. I tire of hearing about it in every conversation we have.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I wonder what the shepherds in the congregation are busy doing?
    several times the local BOE have made an appt. with me to stop over after Sat. morn.
    FS and they never arrived ,
    Not that I'm really interested in talking to them,,,,, just being polite I guess?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit