Is there anyone here formerly of the "Annointed"?

by Low-Key Lysmith 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jwblog
    jwblog

I've always been really curious as to what happens to these people to make them believe this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Apparitions?

Dreams?

I have posted this information on this forum before. I am the only one existing in this time period that has experienced this. The feeling upon the forehead is more than apparent and it feels as if though someone is pressing onto your head. My heart begin to beat heavily and I felt a deep inner sensation very warm and it feels the same as when a dye is being injected into your body for an xray. You are fully aware of GOD being present before you. I was immediately commanded to bow before Him. His mere presence commands it. This is how the spirit bears witness........

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

I am good friends with an ex-JW who was a member of the "anointed". He still believes that there are only 144,000 anointed Christians, and that a great crowd will still live on earth. He still believes in about 80% of JW theology. I have never felt comfortable asking him what made him believe that he was anointed. Some day, I will though.

He believes that all of the men on the Governing Body are not true anointed brothers of Christ, but are false apostles. He knew Ted Jaracz very well when Ted was a traveling overseer in the Los Angeles area in the 1960’s. To say the least, he does not hold Jaracz in high regard.

He still tries to submit letters and doctrinal corrections to the writing department, even though he was disfellowshipped for apostasy in 1996. He distributes his articles via email to several people around the country; including some active Witnesses.

I really wish that he would post on this forum. I do not agree with his theological views, but he is incredibly knowledgeable and intelligent none the less.

• jwblog
    jwblog

I am good friends with an ex-JW who was a member of the "anointed". He still believes that there are only 144,000 anointed Christians, and that a great crowd will still live on earth. He still believes in about 80% of JW theology. I have never felt comfortable asking him what made him believe that he was anointed. Some day, I will though.

He believes that all of the men on the Governing Body are not true anointed brothers of Christ, but are false apostles. He knew Ted Jaracz very well when Ted was a traveling overseer in the Los Angeles area in the 1960’s. To say the least, he does not hold Jaracz in high regard.

He still tries to submit letters and doctrinal corrections to the writing department, even though he was disfellowshipped for apostasy in 1996. He distributes his articles via email to several people around the country; including some active Witnesses.

I really wish that he would post on this forum. I do not agree with his theological views, but he is incredibly knowledgeable and intelligent none the less.

144000 is too many kings and priests. There is one king, Jesus Christ, in the heavens. There are twelve priests, the apostles, in the heavens. There will be one king upon the earth, myself. The faithful and discreet slave. How many kings ruled upon the earth at any given point and time? No where is it written that any of the 144000 join Jesus Christ in heaven. The Almighty GOD is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Jesus Christ is king in the heavens. No more kings are needed in the heavens besides Jesus Christ.

• jwblog
    jwblog
    My sister was out for 30 years and only came back into the org because she couldn't see her grandchildren. No she tells me she thinks she is of the annointed?? I don't know why she told me this, as she knows how I feel, but she was looped so it just came out. She is afraid to tell anyone. She said she hears a voice saying " you are of the anointed, tell the brothers". But she is afraid to tell them. I don't know if she partook or not, we haven't discussed it again. I told her the brothers would think she was nuts. It's so odd. She doesn't act crazy or odd in other ways. I don't know what to think.

There are those that are chosen. It is only a heavenly calling because the inspiration comes from above. However she is not anointed. Those that are chosen speak words of inspiration. Being chosen compels the heart to speak out and they sense that the time is near. There exist many coincidences between those that are chosen. They might share the same dream, have similar family names, some to the extreme even see numbers and signs. For instance Jim Carrey and the number 23.

• heathen
    heathen

I can say I've heard the televangelists talk about how all faithful christians will be kings and priests with christ in heaven.The bible is clear that there will be allot of kings and priests but not all christians will be .I personally believe that all true believing christians can be anointed but the great crowd are not called to be kings and priests . I think the final way of knowing for sure is whether they die as a martyr at the hands of the worlds political powers but think there is way more than they are telling about the situation in the WTBTS publications . Another way to tell would be accurate prophesy but I don't think all have that ability since it does require allot of praying for it .I've never once heard a j-ho pray for it at a meeting.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have a relative that was of the anointed....and I say was. (Pre 1935 ) Served at Bethel for many years and he discovered he was, (alarm bells) Gay. Was DF'd during the late 70's, was reinstated in the 80's and no one has figured out if he is or is not after the reinstatement,... I think, including himself.

He is in his early 90's now.

• Sirona
    Sirona
    For instance Jim Carrey and the number 23.

Jim Carrey is anointed?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The story of someone who felt he was annointed is told in 'Falling in Truth'

http://www.geocities.com/loyal2truth/religion/fundamentalism/watchtower/fit/index.html

Cheers

Chris

• jwblog
    jwblog
    Jim Carrey is anointed?

Jim Carrey actually had an experience that related to the movie. Jim Carrey is chosen not anointed. People misunderstand the meaning of being anointed. You cannot be anointed unless you represent GOD in some way upon the earth like King David, a high priest etc. etc.

• winnower
    winnower

I think many of you are confused about this issue. There are some people here who have done a great deal to expose the fraud in your organization. They have done great works and have sacrificed and given up whatever personal aspirations they may have had for themselves in order to pursue exposing the injustices done to all of you. You know all the people I am talking about. Others have given over their lives to helping you to heal and regain your sense of self. They have helped you to become the overcomers that you are now. These people have watched over you and guided you. They have given you comfort and vindication. Some have given you a voice and an arena. Jesus said "The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep." (John 10:11) These people have given their lives, in the work that they have done, in caring for you, the sheep. These are your genuine Annointed and it is no mystery. You know their names. There are Annointed from all walks of life, not just x-JWs. Most of these annointed do not even think of themselves as having been "annointed"; they only know they have a passion for truth, justice, protecting the defenseless, and just enormous love. They are always humble, self-sacrificing people. These people are not going to tell you stories about angels appearing and pouring oil on their heads. Nor will they ever speak about "how special they are to God". In their chosen path they are serving the True Creator and helping their fellow man by living in a manner that demonstrates the principles Jesus taught. They would never brag about "being annointed". Some may have never even thought about it. They just know in their heart they were commissioned to do a certain work because they feel so strongly about it and they have an incredible sense of truth and rightness. I don't think the annointed dwell on any thoughts such as "heavenly hope"; they are too busy and involved with the things they are being bombarded with here.The scriptures say they follow the lamb wherever he goes. So they would be willing to do whatever is asked of them whether its Heaven or Mars or Jupiter. They are not attached to earthly distractions; their attachment is to pursuing rightness, truth, love. If anyone tells you they are annointed and you do not see the fruits of the spirit, don't believe it. If someone tells you they are annointed and don't know why, don't believe it. If you see arrogance and an inclination to be "set apart" as someone more perfect or special, don't believe it. The genuine annointed would be someone you cannot help but love and respect. They would never weild power over you nor make you feel small. From what I have seen here, even those who are claiming to be annointed have an obvious selfishness and are more concerned about "what's in it for me (self-glory) " than doing anything self sacrificing for the flock. And some of you seem to be more concerned about your genitals than anything spiritual. One thing I can tell you for sure is that there are no annointed in any Kingdom Hall. The genuine annointed will not be found participating in satan's kingdom of religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit