Is there anyone here formerly of the "Annointed"?

by Low-Key Lysmith 39 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTW - in the old days, you could sort of change your mind, especially if you were a young new partaker. There was no stigma, so long as you were perceived to be sincere about partaking in the first place, and then thoughtfully changing your mind. If you were perceived as jacking them around, you would probably be on the road to public reproof.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

What is the process of being a JW Anointed? Is there some kind of ceremony? Is there a test?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Nobody ever questioned pre-1935 "anointeds." But after that and particularly if some just switched over from other sheep to anointed there was a new qualification added to be anointed: you had to be a total wacko. All of the newer anointeds I knew were wackos and simply stated, "just not right."

No one publicly questioned them, but behind their backs no one believed they were really anointed, either.

When it gets down to the JW belief in anointed vs. other sheep, the whole thing amounts to the accidents of birth. If you became a dub before 1935 you were anointed, if you became one after 1935, you weren't. In order to get around the exceptions to this, the WTS concocted the notion of the Evil Slave CLASS dying unfaithful and thus providing "openings" which were only available for wackos to fill.

Why would God give EVERYONE who became a Bible Student/JW the privilege of immortality as King Priests reigning at the right hand of Christ merely because of WHEN they happened to become a dub?

I think my Mom became "anointed" so she could avoid sex with my Dad for all of eternity. BTW, she is a REAL wacko!

It's all bullshit.

Farkel

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Repeatedly reported to me: an inner conviction. I guess like "knowing" God exists.

I seem to recall one incidence of a new JW coming in and, having developed the conviction they were Heaven-bound in their previous faith, determined from the onset that they were still Heaven-bound as a JW. They partook. It was slightly scandalous as some thought they hadn't been a JW long enough to have been called...I guess the presumption is Jehovah needs to get to know you better before annointing someone, and He can only get to know you once you're "in". They hadn't even been baptized yet, how could they be annointed?

• james_woods
    james_woods

But, as Void Eater makes the point - what with "annointed" being either first or second in the rank of JW superstitions, (demons and partaking of emblems) nobody is going to have the guts to actually challenge somebody much on the issue.

We did have a practice of "not counting and reporting to the Society" people who were so obviously whacked that no stretch would put them in. Or, DFd, - or unbaptized, etc.

But usually, they kind of took a "time will tell" attitude. I guess nowadays they do not care much about making the number of partakers fall year by year to match the demographics, like the used to.

Probably will quit reporting the number eventually, IMHO.

Why would God give EVERYONE who became a Bible Student/JW the privilege of immortality as King Priests reigning at the right hand of Christ merely because of WHEN they happened to become a dub?

For the same reason he destroyed all those "evil" animals during the flood, notwithstanding his status as an omnipotent being. The god of the bible is famous for his arbitrary and capricious decisions.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

The Anointed can not have sex? is that true?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

BTW, I apologize for mis-spelling "anointed".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not think he meant that the anointed are celibate, that would not be true

When I was young the oldsters were mostly anointed and pre 1935..Our Cong.Servant was friendly with my sister and said in private that it was an unmistakable inner conviction. A feeling that he could not describe to someone who had not experienced it. He just knew that his "Lord" had called him.

He always spoke of "The Lord" as though he knew him . By that he meant Jesus of course

• james_woods
    james_woods

The "no sex" thing means only after they are raised up to the heavens. Even if both man and wife were annointed, not married any more in spirit realm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit