Whatever happened to the chat room?

by digderidoo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I used to post here many years ago, back then there was a chat room. It was good to talk to others instantly. Why has the chat room gone? Is it because there was arguing between posters at the time? Some nights there was intense arguing, other nights it was good.

Would a chat room ever be considered again? Would anyone want one? Perhaps we should petition Simon, all pm him at a certain time, to hand in our petition

Seriously though would a chat room be a good idea if it was moderated? Maybe to do it as some forums do and only have it open at specific times, call it a " meeting schedule ". That way it would be easier to moderate.

I do miss the chat room aspect of this site, maybe others would value one, but i can understand if the reason it was taken off was because of the arguing. If this was the case, and i don't know whether it was, surely there could be ways to moderate it, such as i have described by only opening it up a few times a week.

What does anyone else here think? What do mods and admin think if there was a general consensus for one?

Paul

• NikL
    NikL

I miss it too.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There is an unmoderated chat (room) at gabbly.com/jehovahs-witnesses.com.

There are hardly ever people there. Sometimes in the evening hours in the U.S.
    and Canada, you can find people there. It's usually best to post a thread on JWD
    that you are on there if nobody else is there.

Nothing personal, but I enjoy leaving the moderation of this site.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

It was Demonized so it was taken down back in 1975, but then there was new light so it was moved to another site.

• asilentone
    asilentone

if Simon start a chat room here, trolls will take over, it is not worth it

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

like I said it was demonized

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Here's the link to the one some of us use...[Link removed]

It's better, like was already mentioned, if you bump, or make a thread you are there! Everyone is on different time zones, so sometimes it hard to catch someone in there...unless you let others know!!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I thought it was fun , tried it a few months ago.

cheers

hope4others

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's actually gabbly.com/jehovahs-witness.com

and not witnessES

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Why was the link removed? We have posted it here alot, and used it alot for way over a year, that's the first time it was ever removed!

Look back at my topic history, and several others. If I knew who to PM, I'd ask that way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit