tired and disappointed with the door to door

by buffalosrfree 26 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Heard my spouse utter those words today, nice words couldn't have been said, spouse is starting to realize that all that work in the d-d isn't paying off for those at the door nor for those knocking. Have been waiting for this for a long time

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good for her! She's figured out a lot quicker than most folks.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

here in Los Angeles I felt just absolutely rude knocking on doors at 10:00am. I feel it's not only ineffective, it's distracting to whatever message they are presently preaching.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

TO add to Wha happened? about the message, now they hide who they are by saying they are bible students or just talking with neighbors on a local interest subject.

• catbert
    catbert

Its a ritual.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Considering very few people are really home anymore has to make a person wonder "why am I here". Many seem

to be questioning "the work" and its usefulness at least they are thinking about it, that is hopeful.....

cheers

hope4others

• chickpea
    chickpea

i think, too, it is absolutely demoralizing to be out on a "holiday" having to muster the gall to intrude on people's celebrations...

bad enough there is not any interest, but to have to present yourself as the total wet blanket at a festive event..... talk about p!ssing on the campfire....

maybe this could be the dawning of awareness..... i HOPE your spouse will not assume their disheartened state is their fault

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

The complaint about the field service is not the worldly people. The real complaint is with the JWs. It was a burden, or a joke, to people.

• Perry
    Perry

I was at a friends house in Austin and a Witness came to the door. About the time he finished saying hello he shoved a Watchtower in my hands and was walking away.

It was very rude.

• yknot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit