So.....when do y'all think it'll all come crashing down around their ears?

by Lady Zombie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

How long do you think they can keep it up before even the happily brainwashed will be able to recognize that the whole thing is a bust?

Another 5 years? 10?

I was thinking about the whole stance that when "the world" declares "peace and security", then "the end" will come.

We all know the JWs just love earthquakers, hurricanes, tsunamis, 9/11s, wars, etc. It proves their point about the end coming soon. Recently, a friend (non jw) and I were talking about the war in Iraq and how it probably won't end anytime soon. And even if it does, the majority of the Islamic world is pissed off at the West and vice versa so it is conceivable that even if the Iraq war ends, new skirmishes will pop up.

And that's just the Islamic world. But anyway, world politics isn't what this thread is about.

"Peace and security" is a hell of a long way off so the society is going to have to contend with more "annoited" dying off and the R&F noticing this.

So what will the solution be? More "new light?" Will a whole bunch of "annoited" suddenly turn "apostate" thus necessitating a whole new crop (i.e. younger) of "annoited" to pop up allowing the society to hold on to stance that the annoited generation will not pass away?

They've gotten away with it for a long time now with "new light" and stricter control and censorship but eventually there will have to come a time when they won't be able to do it any longer. Oh sure, a few die hards will always hang in there. My folks for one probably. I remember my mother tisk-tisking at those who left during the '75 shake up. "How sad. They didn't put enough faith in Jehovah's organization. Proper food at the proper time. Obviously we weren't meant to know until now. Jehovah allowed this to weed out unfaithfulness."

Sheesh.

5 years? That would put us in 2013. 10 years? We'll be in 2018. 12 years? That will put us solidly in 2020! Can they still get away with screaming "Armageddon is coming soon!" ?

I hold out hope that those I care about will wake up soon, but unfortunately, I can't hold my breath.

When do you think the ol' Watchtower will come crashing down?

• yknot
    yknot

David Hannum said it best......"There's a sucker born every minute."

And as long as enough suckers are willing to donate money enough for the upper crust to live well then the dog & pony show continues.

Honestly if I had no conscience and was running the joint......I could easily extend it to my children's generation perhaps even beyond.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

All dubs are trained in doublethink:-

Wars and reports of wars = sign of the end

Peace & security = sign of the end

I think they will last and last and last. They will probably stop reporting on how many anointed there are to stop folk adding them all up and finding out it adds up to more than 144,000 over the years. Like many other wierd doctrines, they will just stop mentioning it and get more and more mainstream, concentrating on a few doctrines that set them apart like not celebrating xmas etc.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They'll do the same thing they've been doing fpor over 120 years...

Cut a song with plenty of spin.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It won't. The heavily brainwashed will buy a slightly different flavour when WBTS presents it to them. It's been a success story for a long time, and they know what they're doing. Try not to live for the day, because it isn't going to happen. The best we can hope for is that the people we care about make it out in time to live a little.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

there will always be kool-aid drinkers

• BFD
    BFD

I don't think it will ever crash. I hope I'm wrong. I think the religion will just continue to morph. Kool-Aide light seems to be the direction but, how long can the slave keep up that charade? The end always has to be near to keep the r&f motivated.

BFD

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Hahahaha

You know, everytime I think about JWs and the society, I keep falling into this trap;

[to myself] "Logically how can....." or "How can they reasonably....."

And then I have to stop and remind myself about whom I'm speaking of.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AND LOGIC AND REASON WHEN IT COMES TO THE JWS!!!!!!

Silly silly me!

• shamus100
    shamus100

They're beliefs are riddled with all the ways out in the world - "new light", "love cooling off", "little faith", I could go on. (Copywright of the WTBTS) They just say they have new light, and those that could not accept it are labeled as having little faith, weak faith, whatever, and couldn't handle the changes.

They are morphing again, and this will be the 1975 generation part 2 - the 2008 generation (tm)

They're going nowhere fast. And there will be plenty to take everyone's place - and lots that will hang on because they have nothing else than the WTBTS.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

It will never reach that point

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit