Been to London today!!!

by digderidoo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

jstalin - the underground is horrific bu the city above is beautiful - I love paris! I've been twice and would go back in a heart beat.

• besty
    besty

Sounds like fun Paul.

I lived in London for 10 years and was there over a year before I saw Buckingham Palace. It just wasn't on the party route.

On Downing St it has been gated since 1987 - http://www.streetsensation.co.uk/sights/downing_street.htm

I got access about a year ago with the Sky News tech team - alledgedly to look at some broadcast equipment. The security to get in is similar to airline standards, but the guys checking your bags wear unmarked blue boiler suits with balaclava style hoods - say no more. Once you are past security you are pretty much free to go where you please if you have a legitimate reason - it feels incredibly safe in there.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    On Downing St it has been gated since 1987

Strange, I swear I remember being able to see 10 Downing last time I was there....

• Sirona
    Sirona

You can see the house....10 downing street, but you can't go down the street... I think its still the same

I like London.

Gary and I spent a weekend there early in our relationship....ahhhhhhhh the memories

Gorgeous hotel...lovely meal out at a gorgeous mexican restaurant and then theatre - Phantom of the Opera

The following day we visited a Salvador Dali exhibition because I love Dali and we went to the British Museum where I was totally in awe of the Egypt section (I love ALL THINGS connected to ancient egypt).

Gary was wonderful...I knew I'd got my man LOL

Sirona

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I like London.

Gary and I spent a weekend there early in our relationship....ahhhhhhhh the memories

Gorgeous hotel...lovely meal out at a gorgeous mexican restaurant and then theatre - Phantom of the Opera

The following day we visited a Salvador Dali exhibition because I love Dali and we went to the British Museum where I was totally in awe of the Egypt section (I love ALL THINGS connected to ancient egypt).

Gary was wonderful...I knew I'd got my man LOL

You see, the whole seduction thing did work!

Love ya honey!

G x

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I also love London first time there was back in 99, last time was little over a year ago, I like all the WWII history, I spend a whole day at the Imperial War Museum everytime I'm there. Hotels are very, very small but thats ok, and yes everything is so expensive I usually try to find deals by booking ahead here before I leave, I booked theater tickets, London Eye, and a trip to Stonehenge and Avery, that new Oyster card is pretty cool also saves a bunch of money on local travel.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    and a trip to Stonehenge and Avery,

I love the way Americans view everything in England is classed as London

Paul

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I didn't mean Stonehenge and Avery were part of London I just meant that I booked that before I left.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Avebury

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    I didn't mean Stonehenge and Avery were part of London I just meant that I booked that before I left.

Lol WA, it is funny though that when any Englishman tries to explain where they are from to an American a common response is, "oh your from London ". Even though i live in the Midlands (about 3 hrs away) i tend to give in and say " yes i am". You wouldn't believe how many times that is said, not just me, others will say the same. It's a bit of a running joke.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit