Mom is gone

by Katheryn 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Katheryn
    Katheryn

I'm not much of a poster here, but the passing of my mom on Friday is as good a reason as any.

She was in deep, no doubt will be refered to as "faithful to the end" by those who eulogize her. This new chapter in my life of course has me is a reflecive mood. I'm sure when she was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago that her hope was that the "new system" would come before she succumbed. Having been out for the many years I have, I see the irony in this. That she or any one else would wish the demise of 6 BILLION human beings just to cheat death themselves, is in a word, monstrous. I would rather be dead forever than spend any time with a group of people who think this "hope" of theirs is a good thing.

On a positive note, my daughter just called to tell me she's expecting......now that is hope.

You all have a good day, Kat

• flipper
    flipper

KATHERYN- I'm deeply sorry about the passing away of your mom. You have my wife and my deepest sympathies. You are right- the expecting new life your daughter is going to bring into the world is a reason for joy and life is meant to be lived while we have it ! So my congratulations on your daughters coming new baby ! Please take care friend, Love Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• DJK
    DJK

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your mom.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My deepest sympathy.....I do hope the coming birth of your grandchild will help you overcome the grief of your Mum

• changeling
    changeling

So sorry about your mom.

Congradulations on your new grandchild.

Life goes on, and that's a good thing.

changeling :)

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I'm sorry that you lost your mom, and even though I don't know you or your mom's thinking, and maybe you didn't even know her thinking before she died, please don't judge her too harshly. Sometimes people develop different mind-sets when they are ill and death is imminent. On the other hand, it doesn't matter what your mom thought or believed; it's what the future holds that's important.

I am a firm believer in the millenium which will be a blessing to all people, including your mom. It is promised. What none of us knows is how and what is going to happen before we get there. 6 billion people being destroyed -- is just a musing taught by the WT. Many people of other professed Christian beliefs have different teachings on this, and all I can say is that we just have to wait and see.

Congrats on being a future grandmother!!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mum Kat, may peace and comfort surround all your family in the coming days and weeks.

And congrats on your forthcoming grandchild too. Must be a bit confusing having such contrasting news to handle!

• Layla33
    Layla33

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know there are no words to cover your pain, but please know now she is in peace.

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

I am very sorry for your loss Katheryn.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Kat I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom.

I know you will miss her and my heart goes out to you. Your situation sounds a lot like mine was. I just wish I knew about this group when My Mom died, I went through a lot of guilt and emotional grief and had no one to talk to about it. I lost my Mom in Oct 06 to brain cancer. She was also in deep with the Watchtower society for over 50 years. I so miss her now and I can certainly relate to what you are going through. My Mom believed that Jehovah would resurrect her and so she died with no fear. She did not shun me so I did have a relationship with her despite the fact that I did not love the "Watchtower Society". Now my daughter is expecting a baby boy in October so another life begins in the family.

Congrats to you and your daughter and the new baby coming to your family.

Velvetann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit