borderline personality disorder

by wonderwoman77 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hi there. This is only my second post here to any of these boards. I was just wondering if any of you out there suffer from BPD or have a relative that does. My mom has it, and we no longer have a relationship. It is very sad to me, because when she was first diagnosised, she got some help and our relationship got better, but then she hooked up with an abusive boyfriend and she stopped all therapy and is back into her disorder. I think he maybe antisocial. It is a crazy thing. Let me know if anyone wants to talk about this...thanks

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hiya WW,
    You may find this post helpful. I know there are others but I cant find them right now.
    Love,
    ME

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15462&site=3

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

yeah that thread was on bipolar, which was helpful. I was looking for borderline, but thanks sweetie :)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

You might find this as interesting as i did...

* http://www.xslf.com/bpd/

My personal feeling is that BPD relations ships are best if long-distance and short-dosages. Frequent postcards are better than an occasional long letter, which is TREMENDOUSLY better than in person visits--and don't even dream of a sleepover!!!!

It's about feeling so bad, you set out to control others via a roller-coaster effect. The postcards/emails whatever keep up the contact, which EVERYONE needs, not least so BPD's; but they can't turn around and hurt you with it.

My mother is a lot like that; I used to call and make sure she was at work; then call at home and leave a nice message on her home answering machine. That gave her contact but without trashing my life. Made her mad as hell, too. But things did get better, althought I still can't see her in person. But I can actually open mail from her now and read it pleasantly.

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Thanks dungbeetle. I just sent my mom a postcard yesterday. I have not spoken to her on the phone since sept, and have not seen her since may. It is so tough. I feel like I have lost my parent, and in a way I have....Thanks for the support

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My wife is BiPolar and suffers from Dissocaitive Identity Disorder (Muptiple Personality Disorder).

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Yeru,

I didn't know about your wife - she & you must have a good, strong marriage. Congratulations. I hope she's doing well with the move to South Carolina & her recent recouperation?

I don't get to Columbia much, but will e-mail you (or you e-mail me?). Perhaps we can get together after the first of the year? My son lives over there (USC Law), perhaps he can join us? He'll be 27 soon - so he can act like an adult (on occasion).

Take care.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Hello WW77,

Nice to meet you. When I was in therapy, my mother had already died. After describing her and my background to the therapist, her best bet was that my mother was a borderline personality. Would have explained a lot.

When she lived in California while I lived in South Carolina, we got along quite well. I sent her gifts - she would then call me. Worked well, rather like a grandparent with a child. However, when she came to visit, I could count on climbing up the walls within a day. Just wasn't gonna be.

waiting

ps: My poor sister, Patio, had the priveledge of living in Cal. in the same town as my mother. Just wasn't gonna be - Big Time!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Waiting,

Thanks for your concern. What Liza and I have is COMMITMENT, which is the most important ingredient in a marriage.

She's recovered well from the surgery, only invoking it when there's lifting to be done around the house, "I couldn't carry the laundry basket uptstairs, it's too heavy and I'm not supposed to lift because of my surgery."

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• truereligion
    truereligion

Hi,

I am not sure if i suffer from this yet as my psychiatrist is reluctant to label me.
    I get mood swings and feel suicidal a lot, especially when i am lonely.
    I have threatened my ex wife with this as a means to control her at times, however, it just feel like i'm not being heard by her and don't want to get angry, and this is what makes me feel bad.

Any ideas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit