borderline personality disorder

by wonderwoman77 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• waiting
    waiting

howdy true,

Nice to meet you. First post, eh? Oh...........the far memories of mine, lol.

Sounds like you have a good psychiatrist - I thinks it's a good thing not to label anybody too quickly. Several different mind/emotional/physical situations can overlap in their appearance in a person....or be several things acting with/off each other.

Now THAT explains why we should go to professionals for evaluation, eh?

Btw, I've gone to my fairshare of professionals along the way - got the cancelled checks to prove it. *sigh* and worth it, I guess.

Welcome to our forum. If you find yourself in a thread you don't care for, just click over to another one - many to chose from!

waiting

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hi true...

The aspect of using suicide to control someone is one symptom of borderline, but there is a lot more. Suicide threats are common with bipolar and depression as well. I hope that you and you therapist can work through this. My mom had successful treatment for two years through counseling and medication, but then she stopped going and that is why things are hell again. Good luck...

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

I work with Alot of kids diagnosed with borderline "traits" (according to the DSM IV, any personality d/o's cannot be fully diagnosed until you're an adult). 95% of my patients with BPD are girls (the vast majority of those suffering with BPD are women). It's a very difficult diagnosis to deal with, as with most of your personality disorders. Personality d/o's are difficult to treat with medication as opposed to the current mood/psychotic disorders. The main point to remember whne dealing with those with BPD is that they require consistent attention but without rewarding negative behavior. BPD folks are very manipulative and can be very good liars. You have to be careful that the person with BPD doesn't pit you against other family or friends; this happens often with those with BPD. There's plenty of info out there on the web, just make sure it's legitimate. Getting a copy of the DSM IV may help too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit