For the Sisters: Were you ever happy you couldn't have male "privileges"?

by Open mind 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Lol @ LovesDubs!

I was never jealous except for the attendants at the assemblies, because they get to just wander around and "look important".

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ LovesDubs.

You nailed it so many times.

Don't know why, but this one particularly made me laugh.

Keeping the territory cards in order in their re-purposed recipe box with the label gun plastic label on it.

So true.

Hey how about being able to lug around a humongous catalog case "Elder Bag"?

Anywhere but dubland it screams "TRAVELING SALESMAN".

om

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

What didn't I resent?! Although I never had any desire to take on any responsibility, I was always pissed off that it was 'brother this' and 'brother that.' Women were viewed as inferior, and emotional, i.e. the 'weaker vessel.'

So lemme get this straight. As a female, I am so inferior and weak that I can't do something as simple as count out magazines or carry a microphone pole around?!

Dyslexic Brother Magoo up there can barely speak, but the sister who is extraordinarily well spoken can't read the WT paragraphs?!

Oh, and let's not forget how the Society 'praises' the field service work the women do. 'The women are a large army!' Yeah, JW women are who do the bulk of D2D service but the Society just pats them on the head and then ignores them.

And I always hated the dress code. I hated dresses when I was growing up. I think my mother got some kind of perverse joy in finding me the most scratchy uncomfortable dresses to wear. I didn't think it was fair that the men got to wear pants and not worry about showing leg, or getting a run in a pair of pantyhose, or having the wind blow the dress up and then getting counseled for not being mindful by holding your skirt down. Apparently flashing your thighs because of a strong breeze is considered being immodest.

In the JWs eyes, women can only be submissive, obedient weaklings or Jezebels. They aren't thought of as people.

• Alexia
    Alexia
    Sitting in on judicial committees so you can hear how once again Brother Slimeball was insisting on his pioneer wife giving him oral sex.

LMAO!!

• Open mind
    Open mind
    This thread is not about how ridiculous it is that a female is not allowed to hand out mags, territory, books or carry a microphone if a qualified male is present.

Nice to see how well the Ladies of JWD submit themselves to male headship!

*in the voice of the kid from South Park*

"YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHO- RI - TAY!!"

om

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

This thread is making me want to go back, just to make women "RESPECT MY AUTHO-RA-TAY" which worldling women frequently fail to do :( :D

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I can remember several of the many elder's meetings were cause I wasn't respectful enough to step daddy dearest....who was a MS.

And they had them with my mom about it too. For awhile he got demoted.

It didn't look good when I finally got fed up and disappeared for several weeks....finally turning up in Texas (from Missouri) at my real dad's.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

priviledges? don't you mean chores or punishment?

nj

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh, you ladies. How dare you be able to count magazines - just get out there and pioneer, clean the house, and make my dinner.....

• loosie
    loosie

I wasn't jealous. I didn't want to do the work. the only thing I wanted to do was walk around at the assemblies holding a sign that said " keep moving". That always looked like more fun than actually listening to the assemblies.

When I was of marriagable age I didn't want a MS or a elder for a hubby. I knew I wanted my mans full attention. I didn't want his time taken up by all the whinners at the hall. So I got a man that they wouldn't give privledges too. Now we are both out, and very privledged to be out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit