From Your Experience: Did Elder's Families Get Away With More Than Others?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Was everyone treated the same in your Hall?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Did Elder's Families Get Away With More Than Others?

Of course! That's one of the perks of being an elder. Without such perks there's no reason to accept an appointment.

W

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Is the pope Catholic?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

LOL ditto on all the above!!

The elder's kids were doing worse things than me......but I got all the elder's meetings. I guess they had to practice on someone!!

I can honestly say I made them work for their titles!!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I knew an elder's daughter and her boyfriend who were reproved on the same night, and everyone knew what it was for. He was on restrictions for about a year; she was off restriction after a month.

• dinah
    dinah

Elder's kids could usually get away with murder. Anything bad that happened was never the elder's kids fault. They were golden.

• minimus
    minimus

If an elder's wife mouthed off and she was an older woman in the Hall, she could generally get away with it. But when a young elder's wife spoke her mind, quite often , I'd see the older elders counsel the younger elder about their families and tell them they must keep them in line. Double standards!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My dad has been the PO ever since I was little. There is five of us kids. Everyone single one of us has been in the back room more than once!! Three of us have been df'd. We got away with a lot but a lot caught up to us too!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I know of one elders son who was pretty much open about being gay and he was a good little Jehovie, last I heard he was totally out left the JW's and is living with his partner.

• yknot
    yknot

....of course!

Sex drugs & rock n' roll.

.....Elder sons dealing drugs from KH parking lot, clubbing, barely sober, and humping anything in sight

.....Dad writes repentance letter for them and gets them off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit