From Your Experience: Did Elder's Families Get Away With More Than Others?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is it so easy now, for the elder's families to get away with murder? The bar seems so high that I don't know if they could get away with things like they did years ago.

• dinah
    dinah

Min, you gotta remember I've been out for a looooong time. Back in the day, they got away with alot.

• minimus
    minimus

Most elders are told that if they don't do (whatever) perfectly, their eldership is in danger. Something is always being held over their heads.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yep.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Oh H#ll yes! Not only did the elders children get away with murder the elder himself was a bully, physically threatening and verbally abusive. A total A$$! The guy had no business being an elder. But, from what I understand, the new CO laid it on the line to him and he resigned from his position. Good riddance.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i remember going to an elder's daughter's graduation party, and altho this was before the term "camel toe" was in use.... that jo ho had on a pair of shorts that would have made madonna blush

• minimus
    minimus

When a Hall had certain people do whatever they wanted, usually there was a lot of trouble in the congregation. The COs would get called in and elders would often get the ax.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Here is one scenario. Two teen JW's, one an elders son another a MS son. They were caught doing and peddling drugs. Guess who got in trouble and who did not?

• minimus
    minimus

The dumb MS' son?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit