JW at my sons school tonight

by Champion 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

I too was in choir in school, but I had to sit out about 1/2 the songs and concerts. My grade suffered for it. When a song came up that my mom said I couldn't do, I had to literally sit down on the risers. I was so embarrassed by it that by the last concert and last song, which I wasn't supposed to stand for, I proudly sang it. I was in ninth grade. Sure got a hard talking to by mom for that one, but my dad didn't care. He tried to calm and quiet her down. She was berating me right in front of everyone for it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Maybe they thought a private school would be better association than public school...I mean if they had to send their child out into the world.

How many take a year off to pioneer and then go to college? She's a girl..won't she be married soon?

lisa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    but i can't say i saw many that joined a choir.

While we were still faking it, there was a girl in the choir with my oldest. Her grandpa is an elder, she is one of the golden kids in the hall. It was so silly though. When it was time for a song that she wouldn't sing, she would walk out of the group to the side stage, then return when it was over. Instead of just standing there quietly.

momz

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: What the hell is wrong with them!!!!

A.: They are offering a "more perfect sacrifice" upon Nohovah's altar: their intellects and potentialities.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

It's amazing they do any more than the legal minimum, after all, the big A is right around the corner, right soon now, any minute now.....

If it wasn't a legal requirement I think most dubs would have their kids at home, learning all they need to know from the Washtowel Drudgery & Slaveholdery Corporation of New York.

• seeking help
    seeking help

WOW !!!

i know them..New Cannan right..HA !!!

Dad is a big shot @ UBS in Stamford..

• Open mind
    Open mind
    a very competitive and expensive private school in CT

I'm with White Dove on this one.

If they just wanted her to go straight into pioneering/window washing they wouldn't have paid for this $$$ High School in the first place.

I'll bet the "gap year" is to

1. Get her a good dose of JW indoctrination for a year to prepare her for the godless dangers of University and

2. Give her a mental break.

As for choirs, even the most uber-righteous dubs around here join school choirs and bands. They just vary in what songs they choose not to perform. (Which can become a nice little mini-drama of conscience vs conscience now and then.)

Of course this is California and we're all going to hell anyway.

om

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

JW's are odd ducks when it comes to education.

Our daughter graduated from High School this year. She is going to college this fall. I graduated from college in 2000 while I was still a JW.

Our daughter, out of the kindness of her heart sent all the JW extended family graduation announcements. I am going to estimate the number sent to be about 25 JW's. None of them attended the graduation. Only two sent cards, of those two cards, one did not even get an invintation. The other card said nothing however, it contained a coupon for two JW books!

It is so frustrating and so sad.

• seeking help
    seeking help

In this part of Connecticut there are very rich people. Elder living in 2-4 million $ homes. Some elders are/where corporate execs. All their kids attended or are attending college. The no college talk given by a Worton Bus. School grad with a wife who has a college degree and who kid has 1 as well is not lisyened to by most.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I was in Choir while in High School. I also went to a private school. I did further my education afterwards as well.

Hopefully she will continue with her education. She either is truely taking a gap year, or she said that to avoid the embarrasement of saying that she is not going to college.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit