Puke email alert: 'encouraging news' from GB

by Robert7 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

(Thanks A@G for reformatting)

Bro. --- had a part on service meeting. He had just returned from bethel .. He sent greetings from the governing body. He said the'slave' is very concern about us. Especially in regards to the brothers & sisters employment in these hard economic times. He mentioned that the new meeting arrangement was made because of upcoming hard times and the strain to make ends meet.

This is a small excerpt of what he said: 'we don't know what gasoline will be like in January. Could be $10 a gallon! How would the friends be able to travel to meetings? And also our jobs maybe in jeopardy. How would we react if suddenly we lose our jobs. Would we panic and not come to the meetings. We need to downsize expenditures and get use to having a little. He said the slave advised us to read from our km the 20min part.taken from . Oct 15.2005 watchtower-pgs 8-11. (you have to read that watchtower info.very interesting!!)

He also said we have to be prepare to leave everything, our belongings and be scattered.he said how would we feel if we found ourselves homeless!! Moses did. Moses was employed by pharoah and had much riches and because of circumstances he had to be on the run and suddenly he had nothing! No job, no food, no where to sleep. Boy you could hear a pin drop. He said Moses was basically a homeless person!!

He said we have to have faith and don't be afraid. See how Jehovah will come to our aid. Wait on Jehovah. That wonderful scriptures at isa. 41:10 do not gaze about for I am your god, I will fortify you. I will really help you. Never allow an un expected incident, including job loss, to paralyze you. Do everything you can, and then leave the rest in Jehovah’s hands. Wait on Jehovah 'even silently: (lamen 3:26 it was a wonderful 20min part. He stressed printing out and reading that oct15,2005 watch. Pgs.8-11. its' a glimpse into what is coming.

I know Jehovah is going to take care of us all. We have to really be prepared in our hearts not to panic and become afraid. He stressed personal studying more. Bible reading to make us strong. I really enjoyed that faith-strengthening part. He also talked about spending money unwisely.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    HE STRESSED PERSONAL STUDYING MORE. BIBLE READING TO MAKE US STRONG.

Yeah, that'll look good on a resume when you get laid off. Maybe we could spend that "free night" at night school, improving our salable skills? Naaaaahhhh, Jehovah will provide!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Reposted:

Bro. --- had a part on service meeting. He had just returned from bethel .. He sent greetings from the governing body. He said the'slave' is very concern about us. Especially in regards to the brothers & sisters employment in these hard economic times. He mentioned that the new meeting arrangement was made because of upcoming hard times and the strain to make ends meet.

This is a small excerpt of what he said: 'we don't know what gasoline will be like in January. Could be $10 a gallon! How would the friends be able to travel to meetings? And also our jobs maybe in jeopardy. How would we react if suddenly we lose our jobs. Would we panic and not come to the meetings. We need to downsize expenditures and get use to having a little. He said the slave advised us to read from our km the 20min part.taken from . Oct 15.2005 watchtower-pgs 8-11. (you have to read that watchtower info.very interesting!!)

He also said we have to be prepare to leave everything, our belongings and be scattered.he said how would we feel if we found ourselves homeless!! Moses did. Moses was employed by pharoah and had much riches and because of circumstances he had to be on the run and suddenly he had nothing! No job, no food, no where to sleep. Boy you could hear a pin drop. He said Moses was basically a homeless person!!

He said we have to have faith and don't be afraid. See how Jehovah will come to our aid. Wait on Jehovah. That wonderful scriptures at isa. 41:10 do not gaze about for I am your god, I will fortify you. I will really help you. Never allow an un expected incident, including job loss, to paralyze you. Do everything you can, and then leave the rest in Jehovah’s hands. Wait on Jehovah 'even silently: (lamen 3:26 it was a wonderful 20min part. He stressed printing out and reading that oct15,2005 watch. Pgs.8-11. its' a glimpse into what is coming.

I know Jehovah is going to take care of us all. We have to really be prepared in our hearts not to panic and become afraid. He stressed personal studying more. Bible reading to make us strong. I really enjoyed that faith-strengthening part. He also talked about spending money unwisely.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just more fearmongering! Works every time...

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Plenty of good things to look forward too if you're a witness, right?

• Honesty
    Honesty

BOO !!!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

who the hell is the Slave?

• Robert7
    Robert7

I hate that term "the slave".

• Confession
    Confession

Yeah..."fearmongering" it is.

"Gas could go up to $10 a gallon! You could be homeless! Moses was homeless; what makes you think you can't be too! Just imagine being homeless! Ohhhh but don't worry about it: Jehovah will sustain you! [Read: Stay close to "Jehovah's Organization."]"

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

sorry to kind of go off topic here but I know the Mormon church has kind of a welfare program that helps members who are having a hard time, they have like a food bank and I heard they give monthly checks too. Isn't it weird that God True organization doesn't have something like that? Especially in these hard times blah blah blah moses etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit