I was wrong

by Junction-Guy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

This is hard for me to say, I don't even know where to begin.

First off I was wrong for judging a whole group of people based on the actions of a few others.

There have been many courteous replies from some of the gay posters on here, and I know it must have been hard considering all the things that I said. I know I have probably said some pretty irate remarks, I was just angry mostly for the rejection that I had experienced and perhaps this was the only way I knew to confront it. I just figured that people who have been shunned would be more receptive to others who were seeking friendship.

I try not to shun anyone because of their beliefs, not even Jehovah's Witnesses. I befriended a sweet JW lady at work before she quit and some of you would probably not ever guess that.

I have always tried to treat everyone in the XJW community with respect, I have talked with many people of diverse backgrounds from the boards--pagans, atheists, democrats, baptists, republicans, black,white, hispanic and so on.

I have always tried treat others as I would like to be treated, but due to a small amount of people who don't seem to have the same motto, I guess I just let the anger and the frustration take over.

I can not judge a whole class of people because of the actions of a few. Even to this day, I always try to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone that I meet--that is the real me.

I work with a lesbian and a gay male, and both of them I enjoy working with, and if anyone ever tried to mistreat them, they would have to answer to me, and believe me, I wouldn't allow it not for one second.

This is a post for all of the gays on here who have responded with kindness even when I was in the heat of a discussion, I appreciate your concern and your well wishes and I wish you happiness too.

I have since resolved myself to more real life pursuits and less internet, and that is my goal.

• talley
    talley

((((Dave)))) hugs to you, from a 'snarky' little old lady.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

For some one who is taking a break you sure are leaving dinky dust all over the place, Dave.

Ohiocowboy calls your bluff and now you are the protector of gays, latins, republicans..... give me a break. Sounds like your a bit of a stalker to me

You have made a few lists the last few days...stick to it.

While you are at it

file for a divorce... she needs closure too. Or take her back...

be a queer or get over it... ( you seem to have a real problem with fences... part gay... part married)

Quit telling people your some kind of conservative Republican.... you come off like a flake and some of the stuff you try to pass as political opinion has been pure goofy.

Church? Four times year? Sounds like your a bit week. Once a month? C'mon Dave, your killing me. That whole soul versed counts for Baptists too. A big Churchgoer like you should be up to 4 sundays (plus the evening service) and at least a mens study or prayer breakfast a couple of time a month.

The KH protests? Now and then as part of a group... what you claim to do is just plain obsessive. Get a life.

Take some of those good insurance bennies and buy a real shrink. You need it.

And stop worring about who is behind an avatar... you seem to be the one who lives life online.

Hill

Hill

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

And I owe this all to Amanda, as something she said just sunk down in with me. I have to forgive, as a christian there is no other option for me. I still have to treat others as I wish to be treated, and I believe that was one of the reasons why she fell in love with me in the first place, that was the "real me", long before I allowed the anger and the frustration to take over.

Thank you Amanda for setting me straight (no pun intended)

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

So like are you gay or what? Repressing your true self will only bring you anger and frustration, also just because you have had some bad experiences with the gay community does not mean you should be untrue to yourself. Most straight people have some real crappy experiences with relationships before they find their soul mate/true love etc, they don't generally decide to throw it all in.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I really don't want to rehash that stuff, as it just opens up a can of worms and causes hurt feelings. I just want to apologize to those I have hurt.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Hey your life dude

Just seems you are in a bit of turmoil and denial over the whole thing, good luck in finding your path

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you Mariusuk

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

That takes a big man to admit he's wrong. Good for you.

I judge people individually, by how they treat me and those I love. I don't judge a whole race or group by the actions of few. I respect those who give me respect.

momz

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Cool Momz, that is how it should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit