Witness Welcome Wagon site

by Donnalilly 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

I have helped run a discussion forum for the gay community before. I hated it. Everyone told you how bad you suck, what you needed to do instead, and full of advice, yet no one ponied up any money to run the forum. I enjoyed doing the HTML and PHP tagging and programming, but dealing with posters, people, sucked. I think everyone should moderate or admin a forum for a few months. They might just see how hard it is. You can't please everyone, but after all this site, and most other sites are labors of love that either cost the owner money, or barely break even if they allow advertising. No fun.

• bisous
    bisous

Contrary to a couple of opinions expressed here, Englishman's board closed due to a decision to move away from XJW'ism and boards in general, allowing more time for "real life" and family. I agree that admin'g any board requires a significant time commitment and isn't for everyone.

Happily, there remain plenty of alternatives for the kind of xjw board membership that WWW offered, specifically less restrictive moderation and less focused on doctrinal matters. I'll miss WWW because of the unique assembly of personalities constituted by the membership.

• Pinball
    Pinball

Simon wrote: "But then the owner set the tone with libelous comments about me and my family and the other moderators who contribute their time to keeping this site running. So I'm not surprised how things went. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did." Isn't it libel to accuse someone of libel in the UK if this has no basis in fact? Just alluding to something which this membership has no way of knowing one way or the other, without providing the proof is in itself libel. Where are these threats that you received if you did in fact receive them against yourself and your family? Proof is required for such a comment I think. Where is it, and if you cannot provide it, what does this say about your own credibility whoever you are? So, you own this forum, so what, I want to see proof of your comments made before I believe you. Post the information up if you have it and if you havn't got it, perhaps you might be advised that making such a silly comment is very unwise. The burden of proof is in your hands. Let's see it, rather than attempting to mislead everyone here with false representation of so called facts. Andy

• joebin
    joebin

here's one guy who's head is headed for the butcher block..lol

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Where are these threats that you received if you did in fact receive them against yourself and your family?

Simon never said that Mike made any threats, he said he Mike made libelous comments about him and the moderators. These comments were posted on this site and repeated by Mike on his own site so it is quite well documented.

I get the feeling Pinball that you are not as new to this forum as you would like people to believe.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Ok after little bit of reading topic history. Bye bye Celtic

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Troll? Geeez, I didn't think I was that bad looking? lol

• Honesty
    Honesty

I suspected that there is more to the pinball than he let on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit