• Donnalilly
    Donnalilly

did that site close down? anyone know?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Yes, it just closed.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

It was shut down. The admin grew tired of all the bullshit.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Has anyone wondered why there is a rash of new, and mostly gay, posters here on JWD? Me thinks that they are mostly trolls who used to post on WWW. I could be wrong, but it all seems a little too coincidental. I checked out the board that AlphaOmega is modding, but for some reason it takes forever to connect to the site and open a thread. It gets too frustrating for me.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Which site is AO modding?

I'm been going to refiner's board (i think it's his)

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

www.freeforum101.com/sparkmeister77

I don't believe that it is an "XJW discussion board". From what I understand it is a place to have fun and pass the time. It's not too active right now and Alphie doesn't go by AO on it. I believe his alias is "The Bridegroom". Sorry sweetheart, you will always be "Alphie" to me.

• Simon
    Simon

Hmmnn ... I guess it vindicates the policies we employ here to keep things running smoothly.

While Mike wanted to appear noble and be pals with everyone, the reality is that to run an internet forum takes some effort and some good judgement. Too little of either and you go down in flames.

If there are no consequences to anti-social behavior in any environment then people will take advantage and idiots will run amock which isn't then fair on the people who don't want that.

But then the owner set the tone with libelous comments about me and my family and the other moderators who contribute their time to keeping this site running. So I'm not surprised how things went. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Has anyone wondered why there is a rash of new, and mostly gay, posters here on JWD?

JWD has a gay rash?

They don't seem to be trolls.

BTS

• chickpea
    chickpea

simon......while not privy to the history preceeding, as a moderator myself, on a site for adult survivors of CSA, i absolutely understand and agree with the issues you bring out..... we always refer posters with contentions to the guidelines they agreed to follow when they registered..... even then there is occasionally what amounts to controlled chaos

moderate (adj.)Look up moderate at Dictionary.com
    1398, from L. moderatus, pp. of moderari "to regulate." Related to modus "measure" (see mode (1)), hence, "keeping within due measure." The verb is attested from 1432 in the sense "to abate excessiveness;" meaning "to preside over a debate" is first attested 1577. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=moderate&searchmode=none
  • sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Although I do agree w/ some of the modding comments here, as far as I know, and read from the WWW Admin, it was closed due to his lack of interest in anything XJW. I believe that he has other things going on in his life that are taking precedence over running an Internet discussion board. I wish him and his the best in living a happy life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit