Hello everyone! New here. Born into it....ugh.

by Lady Zombie 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

Just wanted to welcome you to JWD.

Thanks for sharing your story. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Cas

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Welcome Lady Zombie! I am still in as well. Where state are you in?

One

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Lady Zombie,

Welcome to the board. You tell an interesting story. Actually, sounds like you had a pretty liberal upbringing compared to a lot of us(that were never allowed to pursue higher education). Look forward to hearing more from you.

• Galileo
    Galileo

Welcome! I can definitely relate to much of what you said. Remember, you have the right to your own decisions. I can appreciate not wanting to unduly hurt your parents, but honestly, are you willing to live a lfe of enslavement to prevent it? Although they surely don't consider it as such, raising you the way they did is a form of child abuse, and you are continuing to let it happen. Put an end to it.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum!! You and I had a similar childhood....sorry for your pain. I know how difficult that can be.

Unless you are still living at home I am not sure your standing would affect your parents standing. Nice to hear you pursued an education, great job!

Enjoy your stay here!

MMO

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi LZ, welcome to the forum.

Sorry that you seem to be in a tough spot. My parents live in a different state, and both my sister and I have been DA'd / DF"d from the JW's for years, and my dad still is an elder going on 30+ years. I think maybe your dad would go on rolling too, especially if you were able to switch to a congregation across town and fade out.

Congratulations on your membership in the humanist association. Isn't it great to be free to speak one's mind and to think freely?

I hope you enjoy your time on this board and come here for needed support. There seems to be someone here for support any time of night or day.

• yknot
    yknot

alt.......I am glad you have joined.

My suggestion is to fade very slowly to once a month Sunday service, an assembly and Memorial. One way to achieve this is to start 'traveling' as a hobbie this is will explain your absenses at the begining. Or you could flat out move out of your KH territory....member card and all, then become fully inactive.

• noontide
    noontide

Welcome and happy B-day! I'm a June B-day person myself, isn't June a great month? Stick around, read the interesting stories and posts from everyone here, I'm sure it will help.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I agree with Galileo - if these folks abused you when you were a child, why are you living a double life now to protect them? Live your life - you have a right to do so.

• rache31
    rache31

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit