Who else is on the Disabled List?

by hillbilly 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hi (((OFC)))

When I typed my previous post about getting benefits here in Ontario I thought of you and am glad you came on in to post.

Is this a new apt since Marco's passing? I know he helped you a lot. It sounds though like this new place provides a lot more services that would fill the gap.

I recall it took you a while to move to an adaptive housing unit. It took me 9 months to get into subsidized housing. Having a disability was actually a good thing for me. I have a great apartment with a view over the Ottawa River. Without the disability I would be holed up in a tiny room somewhere.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Orange FC I knew you had some disabilities but had no idea that you were coping with so many of them. I have no reason to feel sorry for myself when I hear your story.

I am so happy that your new apt is so nice and that you are getting assisted living. It sounds like things are working out for you despite your huge health problems.

Have a great weekend sweet Lady

Velvetann

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Lady Lee you have a PM from me

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Valveteen and Lady Lee,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Keeping my mind from becoming overwhelmed is very import and I have to do it or I will slip into a deep depression. I have been climbing the walls as if it w ere possible (hehe) as my spine is just in such a mess. I went to emergency today I swear all the people who live in town were in emergency. After being assested by the triage nurse, I looked up to see more that 150 people and I heard one mother complain to the nurses that her daughter was waiting for four hours and she was in a really bad way and was in fast lane. I didn't fare the same, I explained to the nurse for me to sit 5-8 on my scooter would not work and because there is such a large crowd I have decided to leave and if I feel still in terrible pain I would go back tonight or tommorow. So I left.

It was my OT who sugested I go to the hospital er. today as he said Terry you have been flat on your back for two weeks. Maybe I better go to the family doctor tomorrow.

Yes I am delighted to be living finally in Assisted Living, and yes Marco would have loved this. The apart emnt is great the staff is great and they come to see me twice a day.

It is really difficult adjusting to My loving husband passing. He meant everything to me. We both lived in non profit housing for seniors but the aprartment was built 40 yrs ago and the building in those years were not equipped with the amenedies I have here.

Mats my OT prepared letters to the Lion's and Rotary club and ADP and also the ODSP and discretionary benefits.

He ordered a new bed for me and a shower seat for the shower stall. Plus I am getting lifecall. and if memory serves me I believed I mentioned those items in my other post.

I always endeavour to remember that there are people worse of then me and that makes me feel more appreciative of what I can do.

Thanks for you kind thought and i am glad for you Lee having a nice apartment. Ottawa is one of my favourite cities in Canada. We use to have alot of summer conventions in Ottawa when I lived in Montreal. We would stay at the Holiday Inn for the convention on King St.. we had our room overlooking the river and the parliment buildings. And I have always found this city to be quite clean.

I think I told you Lee my sister lives in Ottawa, one St. Laurent Blvd. They are Superintendents of a high rise apartment building.

Well I will sign off here and wishing all of you the very best.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit