Can being gay live in harmony with being a christian?

by digderidoo 70 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    However, the flaw with this line of argument is that a gay christian must accept that homosexuality is a sin.

Paul

That depends on what church he goes to really or in which denomination he's involved. Jesus didn't mention it or call it a sin.

• BFD
    BFD

I really liked the question posed here. I've had some intense conversations with (gasp) atheists and Christians alike on exactly this topic. I am respectful of anyone's belief.

In answer to the question yes, people can reconcile their faith. Tonight I was invited to register to attend this event...

http://www.kirkridge.org/programs/kirkridge-programs/6/6-8/2008---virginia-mollenkott--daniel-helminiak---gateways-and-growth-spurts-183-167.html

Evidently, people do it. The answer is, yes.

BFD

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

No.

Simply because God cannot condemn what he created.

Don't mean he hates them, I feel there are reasons why people turn or grow up gay.

Thats my opinion, since you asked for it.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Not as I interpret the bible. But, as On The Way Out said, none of us can judge anyone individually on the matter. Only the Supreme Being can.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

My personal opinion, having seen young male children with extremely flamboyant personalities, grow up to be gay men, leads me to believe that homosexually is probably there at birth. However, just like any form of fornication, it's not to be practiced. You cannot avoid if you have sexual tendencies towards people of the same sex, just like you have them for the opposite sex, BUT you do not have to practice homosexuality or fornication, that's where you get into the sin. There was this great topic on the radio about a pastor who couldn't decide whether he should baptize these two gay men in his congregation. My opinion was, why not baptize them? Who is he or anyone else to say if they can be baptized if they have repented and no longer practice the sin of homosexuality. In the end God is the ultimate judge regardless of what anyone else thinks.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

These folks seem to think so. What happens in the Vatican stays in the Vatican..

http://rt.com/news/homosexuality-vatican-pope-swiss-guard-920/

• barry
    barry

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03hVnSH65v4

The SDA church is very conservative but this documentry tells of three gay couples in their struggle with there faith and their homosexuality. One gay man was an SDA minister now has a partner. The younger gay man on the movie has a brother that is an SDA minister and his father is a conference president. The lesbian couple are finding they are accepted in the SDA church they attend and have as the witnesses may term priviliges. The movie can be bought online for about 10 bucks.

What a name for a movie SEVENTH GAY ADVENTISTS

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

I was born gay but I turned 'christian' (a dub anyway) being as one is inherent and one is a choice, I did what any logical, thinking and non-superstitious person would do, and stopped choosing to be a believer, and to be true to the person I am inside.

If that offends any higher being, or one of his followers, I really don't care. I'm not going to fight to be accepted by a group of people that wouldn't miss me anyway.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

It depends on the " Christian" .

I am sure there are many gay Christians that can. I am also sure there are many non- gay Christians that dont have a problem with gay Christians. But you will always have people that need to work on themselfs and there prejudices...

Frog you seem a strong person relaxed about your sexuality and not needing to prrove your masculinity to anybody...i admire that.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

I'm sure that being gay isn't entirely a matter of personal choice. Recent studies seem to indicate that sexual orientation begins in the womb. There does seem to be many disadvantages to being gay, particularly for someone who is gay and wants to have a family, although some gay guys that I know say they've acepted those limitations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit