Can being gay live in harmony with being a christian?

by digderidoo 70 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman
    rampant promiscuity, drug use, domestic violence, depression, infection and shortened lifespan

come on BTS, you can't expect me take you seriously with the above sort of allegation. You might as well apply the above to "Africans" to justify some sort of racist policy through copy & paste. You're arguments hold no water for me, but as I'm irreligious that'll be no surprise.

Good luck and be kind.

• scotsman
    scotsman

And if you think a seminary can screen out homosexuals like bethel can you're deluded. Is there a genetic test or are they just trusting the applicant's honesty?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

OTWO you cannot say that it was Paul who was the homophobic so therefore it's not so relevent, then later to quote from 1 Cor to back up your point. Either it's one or the other.

Paul

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    come on BTS, you can't expect me take you seriously with the above sort of allegation.

You don't want to see what does not jibe with your own understanding. The statistics are there and they are referenced. Homosexuality is wrong. And wrong things tend to play out in people's lives in very toxic ways.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And if you think a seminary can screen out homosexuals like bethel can you're deluded. Is there a genetic test or are they just trusting the applicant's honesty?

There are psych profiles etc. But yes, ultimately they are trusting the applicant's honesty. BTS

• scotsman
    scotsman

BTS and "right" things prosper? like Islam?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

BTS to relate alcoholism to this is neither here nor there. The bible condemns them both, so i do not see how either can be reconciled with scripture.

Paul

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BTS and "right" things prosper? like Islam?

Even weeds grow.

BTS

PS, I do not hate you for being homosexual. But it someone asks me whether it is right or wrong to do it within a Christian context, I am going to respond.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'll report later what Julia tells me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BTS to relate alcoholism to this is neither here nor there. The bible condemns them both, so i do not see how either can be reconciled with scripture.

That is exactly the point. They are both condemned practices. Neither can be reconciled.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit