Pioneers who never do witnessing in the weekends (when people are home)

by yadda yadda 2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

I hate to say it, but back in the day, there was actually an unwritten "pioneer" rule to take only other pioneers with you on your "easy time" - bible studies, return visits, standardized business (laundromat) terriroty, etc. That way you would be helping your fellow professionals share time - not wasting it on mere publishers.

Every so often, the CO would chew us out about taking the publishers with us out in service instead of going off by ourselves. Idiot - did he think we were just going to give up our secrets on how to lurk out our time so easily???

• willyloman
    willyloman

It's well known that weekend FS is the least effective of all (that's if you assume FS is effective at all). But the JW "preaching work" is not about reachng people; it's about being "visible." And since that is when most people have time to go out, you're expected to be there for the show.

When you realize this, it puts all those "billions of hours" into perspective. In reality, it's thousands rather than billions and minutes rather than hours. And almost none of it is effective, especially in modern times.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was a pioneer I used to take my wagon train out on the weekends mornings and afternoons. I had to work during the week so I could sacrafice to Jah. I think I worked 4 days a week as a carpenter and had Fridays, Saturdays and Sudays plus a couple of evenings for the truth and pioneer service.

That was back in the 70's right before Armegedon.

Now post armegeddon in the Bush wacked era most service jobs probably demand people work on the weekend and have week days off like Tues and Wednesday.

Thats all Amerika has any more is service jobs. Telemarketing, Insurance.

Plus prostitution and beer makeing.

Until Dos ekis and Heiniken take over.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats the whole thing...slow walk Witnessing doing thesame not-at-homes 3 times during workdays so you can still count time....no pioneers EVER run from door to door to "save" people.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh yes! No pioneer went out on Fridays or Sundays, EVER. A couple of them might go out on Saturdays, but they prefered a M-Th 9-5 deal.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Jag Bass,

I know you don't drink Dos Equis XX

• White Dove
    White Dove

I pioneered and let me tell you, those old bags really got to hating each other. They resented each other having studies and picked on one because she really did have six. They accused her of having more than she could handle. I felt no joy. None. Hated every second of it. They were all retirement age and there was not one my age, 26.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It's funny when I think back from the time I got married (or about 6-8 months before hand) I hardly EVER went out in service. I would be surprised if I went out more than once a month.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

When I pioneered I didn't go out on Sat or Sun very often at all - it was hard to get "time" on those days and the other pioneers weren't out those days. When I did it was often to support the other publishers. Pioneering is about time.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I moved to a small town in Ontario Canada 3 years ago.

This town has about 7 churches (one of them on my street 4 houses down from me), and a population of less than 1000 people. There is no Kingdom Hall here but there is one about 20 miles south of here. I have had NO JW knocking at my door in all that time. I guess there is NO pioneers that have this territory.

Velvetann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit