Gay Marriage - The War for Equality

by Inquisitor 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

So truthseeker is advocating putting the gay threads "in the closet" out of sight of the tender eyes of newbies who might be unduly influenced.

Hilarious!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    what I can't understand is why there are so many deviants here that reject Scripture but that want to make their opinions and practices known. What's this got to do with jw's? If you want to practice your deviancy, go into your garage or basement or wherever, or are you here to recruit since you can't normally reproduce?

Deviancy from what? The scriptures? Just as many here believe the JW religion deviates from what the scriptures really say, many of us also believe that all religion teaches us to ignore and deviate from our true natures. This is no doubt especially true for homosexuals. Consider the possibility that what is written in the Bible is the deviancy from reality. Cog

• shamus100
  • Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude
    Truthseeker:

Not to weigh in here on the pros or cons of the argument, but Carlos has you checkmated.

When I see your avatar, what am I supposed to think? Am I supposed to not have an opinion? Can I take you seriously?

Why would I give a shit what you, or another homophobe thinks? Pretty obvious you missed the point I made earlier. You've not escaped from the JW mindset and rampant judgmentalism have you? Go ahead judge your world based on every 3 second first impression you have. It's served you well so far hasn't it? Perhaps if you had learned not to come to snap decisions on a 3 second opinion you wouldn't have been a JW for so long. If you seek only to judge and reinforce everything you think you know based on a 3 second first impression, knock yourself out.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

1 Thessalonians 4:11

It's so sad when those who claim to be Christian so blatantly refuse to follow the apostle's advice.

If one man marries another it DOES NOT prevent a man from marrying a woman...well only if you let it and that would show that you have no character, no individual personality. You can't live life by what others expect. It's up to you to chart your own course.

At best estimate homosexuals number 10% of the population...I don't think that gay marriage bodes the end of straight marriage which is growing way too fast anyhow. Look at it this way. Populations used to be controled by wars, famine and diseases which don't kill like they used to. Many people live longer and healthier lives so gay marriage is actually a useful form of population control with out rotting corpses and ruined infrastructure.

According to the bible the act of marriage between Joseph and Mary was simply this: he moved her into his home. The latter half of the 20th century proved this custom is alive and well. There's a marriage tradition for you... so now we have two traditions alive and well at the same time. Which one do you choose?

There was a wealthy man in Scotland who had a housekeeper who was very mean. One night he announced he was going marry her to astonished relatives. Then later that night he kills himself. The family quickly realized that he was playing a cruel joke on this woman he hated so much but the joke was on him. Because he announced his intention to marry to other people a Scottish court ruled that he had entered into a legally binding contract that thus superceded his will and this horrible woman got everything. Marriage is a legally binding contract between two parties. What motivates it is irrelevant. Interference in a persons ability to pursue such a contract could be viewed as restraint of trade, unfair competition, a monopoly even. In fact I'm suprised that someone enterprising gay lawyer hasn't seen that and tried to sue.

If marriage is such a wonderful institution then why are the people opposed to gay marriage not putting all that effort and energy into trying to trying to reduce the straight divorce rate. If these opponents of gay marriage did a little more to make their own institutions stronger then maybe their arguements would have a little more weight.

• Preston
    Preston

Lewis Black had an excellent routine on marrying rights.

One of these days an advanced civilization will stumble across the remains of our country's life and government, they will read our constitution, wonder in amazement until they get to the amendment on how marriage is between a man and a woman and then they'll say "Sonuvabitch, the people of the Unitied States of America, were so f--cked up, they had to write down what marriage was, so they...could...re-mem-ber it!?!?"

- Preston

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Deviancy from what?

Cog,

for a comprehensive information, I suggest you compare feminine and masculine genitals and see for yourself how they fit with each other, then do the same with masculine ones and check that they don't.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

There's more to a human body than the genitals.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't see this thread heading towards consensus. The sides have entrenched. I'm ending the debate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit