What should I do with all of these books?

by Confession 36 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

confession:

What should I do with all of these books?

a)...dont landfill them...rip the hardback covers off them and burn em..very cathartic.....but.....RECYCLE THE PAPER part..

b).... I posted a thread here somewhere that is still active getting rid of the books... since the rules of the site are for NON-commercial use only...I offered them for the cost of shipping only...Media Mail is cheap to send this crap... some are giving me a little more than shipping to cover my trouble...but that was up to them...I didnt solicit it....and some of the books are going to people trying to get their loved ones out of the Borg...and they need the ammo...

c) eBay and Amazon Marketplace... I find Amazon a lot easier than eBay myself..and sell a lot of books through that site.

d) I think Carla mentioned cult ministries....also a good idea...

Snakes ()

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What do you think?

My library was a demonic nexus. I burned it.

BTS

• karvel
    karvel

ebay or recycle.

• inthepink3355
    inthepink3355

CONFESSION, DO NOT GET RID OF THE TWO MOST HELPFUL FOR AN EX .....THE RED CONCORDANCE AND THE PURPLE K.I.T.and if you have a Two Babylons book and/or a diaglott...hang on to those also. Trust me....you will appreciate this advice down the road. My husband and I were dubs (2nd & 3rd gen.) for 50 years. Christians since '83.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I would personally like to get my hands on Awake! bound volumes, which currently I have very little. I think eventually I'm going to convert everything to full color digital PDF's.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Put them on Ebay starting bid $25 each, then put a note that if these books don't sell they will be burned, I am sure good little Jehovies will save their books from the fire

• Finally-Free
  • Confession
    Confession

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions, folks. I wish I'd kept all of those bound volumes. A year and a half ago, when I moved from my apartment in southern California to Phoenix, I was having trouble packing everything into the moving truck--and I left about twenty-five of them behind. I suppose I'll sift through and get rid of any doubles on e-bay, then pack the rest into a box and stick it into my storage closet or garage. I like the idea of having them if I need them.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970
    But I came upon one large and one medium-sized box of WTS books, and I don't know what to do with them.

That's like finding boxes of volatile explosives. You should destroy them before some unsuspecting child stumbles across them and he ends up not going to college and working at the drive thru for the rest of his life.

er

• Confession
    Confession

I've gotten a kick out of some of your comments about 'making sure they're destroyed so no one reads them.' Seriously though... After nearing completion of the 29 page letter to my mother about why I left the WTS, the most important point I have to make concerning what's jacked up about that organization is this...

They don't want you to consider ALL of the information...

I hope I never again find myself in the position to "hide" or "destroy" information because I'm worried about how someone may be affected by it. I want people to see what the WTS taught; see it with their own two eyes, so they can learn just how manipulated people can become. An excellent lesson I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit