Horoscopes/star signs

by HB 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I am a Taurus but never could see my personality fitting the typical description until I read a book called the New Astrology which combined Eastern and Western signs. I am a Taurus Monkey and it nailed me to a tee. Interesting. I still use it when I meet new romantic interests as a guide but we are all so unique.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I think its funny no one ever lists the negative traits of their sun sign

Aquarius

Intractable and contrary
    Perverse and unpredictable
    Unemotional and detached

lol

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Intractable and contrary
    Perverse and unpredictable
    Unemotional and detached

Probably because this does not fit any aquarian I know....lol

cheers
    h40

• Sirona
    Sirona

Since I believe that the universe is connected in ways we don't always appreciate, I do believe that the planets and stars reflect things in a spiritual sense.

In the Qaballah, each Sephirah has a planetary attribution and they shed light upon the spiritual principles of the sephirah. I personally ascribe to the hermetic qaballah.

As for newspaper astrology and "this is your type" - I think these are oversimplified and therefore largely inaccurate. Sometimes it fits, sometimes it doesn't.

I do think that we are affected as individuals (and as nations) by things like phases of the moon and eclipses. Also there appears to be a connection with the astrological "ages" and events upon earth.

Sirona

• dinah
    dinah

Ippy, I did mention bossy.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Ippy, I did mention bossy.

Wots wrong with that?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Given that astrology was invented millennia ago and is based on a view of the universe we now know to be inaccurate, it would be remarkable if it could be shown to provide any accurate information. Unsurprisingly, this has never happened.

Where astrology might have some benefit is where it provides "fortune-cookie" type advice such as "Consider opening a savings account. If you already have one, then consider saving a little more each week!", "be nice today [...] you won’t regret it tomorrow!", or "Try to stay positive; the complications that seem to be besieging you today will ease significantly tomorrow!" (all taken randomly from horoscope.com). These statements are good advice for almost anybody regardless of when they were born and following them is unlikely to cause anybody any real problems. The detailed personalised horoscopes strike me as far more dangerous. People may make major life decisions based on nothing more than the positions of planets in relation to an imaginary zodiac, and obviously such decisions are less likely to be worthwhile than those made based on a consideration of the relevant facts.

So, in summary, astrology is like any other superstition: harmless enough, as long as you don't actually believe it.

• by grace
    by grace

I don't have a lot of faith in the generic horoscopes, but I think there is definitely something to the Astrological charts. I'll tell you what, my husband is definitely a Gemini, and I have five Virgo signs in my astro chart, and I'd call myself an extreme Virgo. LOL It's true, your Sun sign is not all there is to it. I've done some research into it: Your Sun sign is your basic nature and strategies favored in dealing with life situations (inner being), sense of self or essence or character deep down inside. Your Rising Sign is how you see yourself, how you appear to others on first impression & how you want to appear, not who you are, it is how you act, your image, style & mannerisms. Your Moon sign indicates your emotional level - feelings, fears, sense of security or safety. Check out this site to do your own for free: http://www.alabe.com/freechart/

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Strongest virtues of the Leo zodiac sign: leadership capability, self-confidence, generosity, creativity
    Deepest need of the Leo zodiac sign: elation, the need to shine
    Weaknesses of the Leo zodiac sign: arrogance, vanity

Generous and warmhearted
    Creative and enthusiastic
    Broad-minded and expansive
    Faithful and loving

On the dark side....

Pompous and patronizing
    Bossy and interfering
    Dogmatic and intolerant

Pretty much right!!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Yeah, they're great. I also find studying cow pats turns up some amazing results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit