Is the Watchtower really wrong according to your standards?

by hamilcarr 32 Replies latest jw friends

• logic
    logic

My standard is , practice what you preach. The society say they go strictly by the bible, which they do not, this makes them a liar, and a hypocrite.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Taken to the extreme, nothing can be proven.

However, looking at a more simple level the WTS can be proven wrong - delusional.

There are facts, "I need water to live."

There is faith, concepts that cannot be proven or disproven - "There is a God, there is an afterlife."

There is delusion - the Watchtower was always right about 1914

There are many ways to prove Jehovah does not direct Watchtower teaching. The failed predictions of 1914 and 1925. There are ways to prove Spirit does not direct the appointment of elders, the appointment of elders whilst practicing homosexuality or adultery. Yet even with this knowledge, deluded JWs continue to think their organization alone is directed by God.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

I really struggled with that as I was coming out of the tower. I couldn't understand what would be their motivation for misleading many. It just didn't and sometimes still doesn't make sense to me. I remember telling my brother, when he left the organization, "why can't you just follow it anyway, 'cause at least your living by bible principles and you can't go wrong there." And he refused. Now, my friend asked me the same thing when I left. But I couldn't do it. Once I started reading the Bible through prayer to God for discernment, I knew I couldn't go back, not for family or friends. I remember the biggest revelation of my life was when I realized that Jesus died for ME, not just 144,000, and that how in the world did the connect that talks about his spirit bears witness...I can't find the scripture now, but I realized that applied to every true believer, not just the 144,000. It was such a deep revelation for me I literally had to go to bed. So yes, I do believe they are wrong. They are not teaching God's Word the Bible and are misleading many people. I'm shaking my head now when I think back on how disillusioned I was. Coming out of this fog is not easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit