Is the Watchtower really wrong according to your standards?

by hamilcarr 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, well, it's probably a duck. Reality exists, maybe our perceptions differ, but I don't have any problem believing in reality. As for the WTBTS, well, it's more like a rotten egg. The org. tells lies, causes damage, changes its stand when convenient, is massively rich but doesn't really do anything charitable. However, I have to say, it isn't much different from other religions. According to my standards, all religions are dangerous, especially the three that arose in the middle east.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm of the opinion that perception is reality.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

To put it briefly, is the Watchtower really wrong according to your own standards?

Incredibly easy is well said by our friend, Farkel. I agree wholeheartedly.

Of course, it is wrong by my standards. That probably goes for most who post here, it's part of the reason we're here. I don't think, however, it's important to bystanders how I feel. What's important to them is objective evidence of where and how they are wrong. That pretty much rules out doctrinal interpretation, which is subjective.

What makes it so easy is this -- the Watchtower is wrong by its very own standards. It can easily be shown (from their own writings) that

1. they've been dishonest . Yet, they teach that dishonesty is wrong.

2. they've been guilty of massive doctrinal contradictions (some folks call them teaching flip-flops). Yet, they teach that contradictions are signs of false teaching. They even dishonestly say that they've never been guilty of completely reversing a teaching.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Len

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, it is full of holes.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    To put it briefly, is the Watchtower really wrong according to your own standards?

Everything is wrong by my standards, I do not compromise.

All input welcome.

Your avatar is sideways, and you are likely below average intelligence..... how you like me now?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

According to my standards of course....too easy since the Watchtower is about power and corruption

Some else's obviously not

I know of 6 million people that have very low standards

• heathen
    heathen

Religion is a snare and a racket ..... joe rutherford , don't you forget it!!!

• sspo
    sspo

Yes it is, especiallly when the watchtower has influenced millions to die for the organization.

I have no respect for the leaders as they are treated as kings by the JW's, they never have to worry about a thing until they die, while the common JW is working is butt off, taking care of his family and the majority never got a higher education, thanks to the "loving direction of the GB".

• JK666
    JK666

Yes.

JK

• Satanus
    Satanus

Their one purpose fits all humanity doctrine causes pain, guilt and depression to a lot of people. Unfortunately, people are taught that pain, guilt and depression are their own fault. After many yrs, some people do realise that, maybe it's not them, after all, but the wt that is wrong.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit