Anyone remember this former C.O.: Kevin Wright?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 30 Replies latest jw friends

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Ok it worked and I responded. Looks like I am at a 10 post per day limit.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I remember he would corner certain ones in the congregation and basically drill them until they were in tears trying to get dirt on other people. He wanted to talk to my wife and I stepped in and told him that no such conversation will take place, turned and walked away.

Just ask him about his divorce and why his wife left. That would shut that jerk right up. He is nosey but does not like to divulge his past. He knew I could not stand him and I still have the same sentiment.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Found a news article where he was interviewed about a DC in 2009.

http://www.gazettenet.com/2009/06/20/jehovah039s-witnesses-convention-will-bring-35000-amherst?SESS71a1d977f5083f4e28e5477af025646c=gnews

Jehovah's Witnesses convention will bring 35,000 to Amherst

By Daily Hampshire Gazette Created 06/20/2009 - 09:00

AMHERST - The Mullins Center at the University of Massachusetts will be crowded this weekend - and for several more - as tens of thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses gather for an annual district convention.

This year's convention - which began Friday and continues through Sunday, and repeats that schedule for the next seven weekends - is themed "Keep on the Watch."

"The theme comes from the Bible, specifically when Jesus told everyone to keep the watch for certain events in terms of Bible prophecy," said Kevin T. Wright of the Jehovah's Witnesses office of public information.

"Witnesses believe that we are now experiencing prophesied events such as war and suffering, which foretell the coming rule of God's kingdom. The convention will treat topics like being aware of the Bible prophecy, where we are in terms of those events, and how we're living our lives."

Each weekend of the convention will feature the same program, to be attended by people from different regions of New England and parts of New York. During the weekend of July 10-12, the program will be conducted in Spanish. Wright said anyone interested is welcome to attend any weekend.

The gathering is one of 319 "Keep on the Watch" conventions happening in 81 cities around the world. Wright says an estimated 35,000 New Englanders are expected to attend the Mullins Center events from June 19 to Aug. 2, consistent with attendance from previous years.

Although many of the attendees are Witnesses, Wright says new faces are expected. "Besides the Witnesses that will attend, there are many others who are aware of the conventions and look forward to it each year. Some people are interested as Christians, some are just looking for ways to evaluate and better their lives," Wright said.

Wright said Jehovah's Witnesses are offering a collective invitation to all New Englanders to attend the conference. "The Bible's message is for everyone. These world events affect everyone," Wright said. "We all have the same financial and emotional difficulties, and the changes will affect and benefit all."

The weekend's events began Friday morning with a keynote address titled "How Jehovah Helps Us Keep on the Watch." Fridays also will feature talks on "Proving Yourself Ready" and "Keeping Watch as Christian Families," which Wright says will be useful for anyone trying to raise a family with Christian values.

Wright said the highlights of Saturday's events are the baptism of new members and the discussion "Keep Your Senses: Be Watchful."

On Sundays, the lecture "It Will Not Be Late" will consider the nine events foretold in the Bible that forecast the coming of God's rule, and how they will affect Earth.

All events are free. More information regarding the District Convention is available at www.jw-media.org.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Sorry to bore you with his info from the net, but his quote shows how much of an a** he is and so full of himself. He did not develop this himself, the program was already in place and from what I understand a few brothers from local KHs did this on a voluntary basis. When they stopped RI Hospital looked for someone to work as a liason between the patients and Doctors.

http://www.noblood.org/news-hot-topics-such-hepatitis-c-sars-aids/490-bloodless-surgery-option-jehovahs-witnesses.html

Quote:

"At Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, RI, I have developed what has proven to be a balanced approach to the decsion making process that brings the patient and surgeon together in a cooperative fashion. This link may provide general information Transfusion-Free Medicine and Surgery

Kevin T. Wright, Program Manager
    Transfusion-Free Medicine & Surgery
    Rhode Island Hospital
    593 Eddy St., Providence, RI 02903
    401-444-4550 office
    401-444-0130 fax
    [email protected]"

• 21stcenturywoman
    21stcenturywoman

These posts are too hilarious. I haven't thought about Kevin Wright in years. I knew him when I was a teenager. I even knew his former wife (I always thought she was very nice, and got a raw deal because she didn't want to be married to him anymore). Kevin and I always had a good friendship back then. Thinking back, it's interesting that a grown man would tell me (a teen) about things that were going on in his personal life. However, he was never inappropriate.

I agree with someone who posted that Kevin is very nosey. He got me to tell him personal details about some of the youth in the congregation. He would even call me at work to get dirt. At the time, I thought I was doing the right thing. It is a waste of time to regret the past, but I am still bothered by what I did.

I read the post where Kevin is quoted saying, "If you're not doing everything possible in Jehovah's service, then why bother?" This is funny to me. I remember working in field service with Kevin on a regular basis. We never knocked on one door. We would just walk up and down the street and talk to each other. The other "friends" would be doing the actual work. Quite honestly, I didn't mind. I wasn't into it anyway. Nevertheless, it is interesting that he probably thought I didn't notice that we never actually did anything.

In regards to Kevin's job and work background, perhaps he received this experience after I stopped associating with him. I recall Kevin doing janitorial work, and possibly having his own janitorial business. I don't believe he went to college, but I could be wrong. Also, he is not an ex-Bethelite.

As far as Kevin calling and writing letters to single sisters, this sounds very accurate. He was really friendly towards the sisters once his wife divorced him. Whether or not he was inappropriate, I have no idea. I never heard any negative stories. He seemed to be liked by most back then.

Is Kevin Wright a self-righteous prick? Probably… but it depends on who you ask. I never really saw that side of him that everyone has posted about, except on a few occasions. Back then, I just chalked it up to normal JW authoritarian behavior.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Interesting info on Kevin. When he was in my KH he would not give too many details on his ex-wife, he would say "she did not love Jehovah anymore". IMO knowing the jerk he is, I think he drove her away. He would always try to "befriend" me but I could see right through him.

21stCentury feel free to PM me, I would be curious to know what his wife was like.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

For those that know/remember Kevin...

A little birdy whispered in my ear that Kevin is getting married this May. God help his future wife.

• oompa
    oompa

ditto CB!!! what a creap! and so phony in his talks...his planned out and acted out epiphiny crap..............oompa....just barf

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

LOL Oompa my exact thoughts!

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Kevin WrightProgram Manager

Kevin Wright has been involved with bloodless medicine and surgery for nearly 15 years, including several years as a member of the Los Angeles/Orange County California Hospital Liaison Committee. He is a member of the Rhode Island Hospital Transfusion Committee and a member of the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM). He works closely with patients, coordinating their care and providing appropriate directives. He acts as liaison among patients, physicians and staff.

He is the WT no blood doctrine enforcer when JW's go into the hospital and blood might be needed. It's his job to make sure the mind control holds steady when a JW is faced with a life and death situation. He is the sociopathic serial killer whose influence is the knife at a victim's throat, hoping for a legal gleeful kill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit