Anyone remember this former C.O.: Kevin Wright?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

During the early 2000s, Kevin Wright was the C.O. for a circuit that included several of my friends. I remember hearing my friends complain about what a tool this guy was--and these complainers weren't just "lowly" publishers--some of them were elders and pioneers. I actually had the privilege of meeting this "gift in men" once.

Anyway, someone forwarded this link to me...looks like Bro. Wright is out of the circuit work, making the big bucks as a "Program Manager" for transfusion-free surgery at a hospital. The link to his bio is here:

I will try to post his picture:

• Olin Moyles Ghost
  • oompa
    oompa

WELL SLAP ME! I never wanted to see this freak again. This man was a creepy monster....as well as a tool! I suffered through his overly dramatic speeches for years in NC....prob with your friends.....He brought havoc on many of my friends and and entire families......a freakin nightmare of a man who would write letters to single sisters, and even call them in the middle of the night....He was the CO when my son was df'd at 17.........pm me friend.............oompa

bet money you either skateboarded or did a bad video of it!

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Hey Guys! Why PM him.. tell us too! at least post his history so we can all read it.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

LOL!!! oompa, are you teasing or what? let's read the rest of this story

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Bump for all the single sisters...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh I remember that jerk. He arrived for a single visit because our regular CO was ill. Every talk he gave, (including prayers and meeting for field service), centered around abuse of alcoholic beverages. I thought he was a closet drunk.
    <br><br>He is also directly responsible for one of my friends who was serving at the time for getting ganged up on by the other elders. My friend eventually stepped down.

I remember he would corner certain ones in the congregation and basically drill them until they were in tears trying to get dirt on other people. He wanted to talk to my wife and I stepped in and told him that no such conversation will take place, turned and walked away.

<br><br>He asked several of the sisters out in our congregation. None wanted anything to do with him.

• undercover
    undercover

I had to resurrect this thread after someone pointed it out to me...

I remember his sorry ass...

In fact, I've told this story before, but now you have a name and a face to go with it:

This is the jerk who was laying it on the congregation for not doing enough and said, "If you're not doing everything possible in Jehovah's service, then why bother?" and I thought, ya know, he's right, why bother? So I didn't bother anymore.

Thanks Kevin Wright, where ever you are for pushing me right out the door of the Kingdom Hall. You helped me find freedom from this oppressive religion. But you're still an asshole.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Too bad he's still not a CO.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Could he possibly have needed a college education to qualify for that position?

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit