CO Visit: Why Such A Big Deal?

by sacolton 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

I wasn't raised a JW, but my wife was and everytime the CO makes a visit to our congregation for a week - we had to make sure nothing was going to interrupt our meeting attendance.

Vacation planned that week? Change it. We're going!

Family visiting that week? Insist they attend too. We're going!

Bad weather? Risk it! We're going!

Sick that week? Get better. We're going!

Death in the family? Too bad. We're going!

So, what was the big deal about attending the meetings during the CO visit?

It's just some guy moaning about how the R&F aren't measuring up. Why should I want to listen to that?

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Its just like an inspecting by a commanding officer in the Army. No reason for it, but you better be on your toes or else the whole unit looks like crap.

• parlay
    parlay

When I was around 13 years old, I recognized the hypocrisy of our elder body during the CO visit.

I noticed they were all there early, greeting everyone with big (fake) cheesy smiles, made sure

the mics and music were ready so the meeting could start on time, etc.....things they were suppose

to do. But they only did it when the CO visited. After he was gone, they went right back to their

regular slacking routine.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The CO visits were so boring and tiresome, even while a full J-dub I couldn't stand it. Everything that came out of their mouth was canned. The letters that he would read from the platform thanking us for our hospitality was so forced it was unbelievable. Every single time, I could lip sync the words coming out of his mouth. The talks were boring, the counsel wasn't interesting, evertyhing surrounding the CO visit was dull to the maximum. It was almost like the Society had long since replaced real COs with androids.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Wactower always sells the sizzle, never the steak.

A CO visit is a lot of sizzle.

• choosing life
    choosing life

CO visit is like when the state comes to inspect a hospital. It is time to do everything by the book and smile while you're doing it. After they leave, everyone goes back to normal for another year.

Hypocrisy exists in many places and organizations.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When I was around 13 years old, I recognized the hypocrisy of our elder body during the CO visit.

I noticed they were all there early, greeting everyone with big (fake) cheesy smiles, made sure

the mics and music were ready so the meeting could start on time, etc.....things they were suppose

to do. But they only did it when the CO visited. After he was gone, they went right back to their

regular slacking routine. parlay

I thought this crap went on only in the congregation I was in.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Instead of kissing the ring it's a bi- annual butt kissing and grease palm party.

brzfst

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

At one point I was the PO in a congregation. Used to meet up with the CO on Tuesday afternoon so he could go over the cards and count time. He was new to our cong and seemed like he had a good sense of humor so when we parted I jokingly asked if he had a ring I should kiss he laughed and turned around and pointed to his ass. At the time I thought it was funny and still do but now I see the reality of it.

LD

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

CO'S visits are nothing more than a semiannual kiss ass fest performd by the elder body and the pioneers. Nothing more and nothing less, no real support or help to the congregation for the stresses they may be suffering and having to handle. Just do more, and more, and more, and oh by the way do more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit