Sunday's public talk...

by kzjw 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

its theocratic warfare and keeping the flock inspired

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

doesn't matter if its true or not after all anything that is said from the stage is true anyway because the elders say so.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It is remarkable how they think thaat they can pull the wool over ones eyes. I bet he about flipped when you called him on it!

Good job!

• Open mind
    Open mind

JWs are instructed to carefully make sure that the "experiences" they use in talks are either verified from first-hand knowledge or are taken from WT publications. Secular sources used as quotes in talks should be carefully verified as well, and of course, it would be safest to quote a secular source that the Watchtower has already vetted.

I'm serious. Those are the instructions. They're just routinely blown off.

Just don't go nosing around into the veracity of quotes the Watchtower uses. That wouldn't be showing full confidence in the Faithful Slave.

OM

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

My all time favorite -

Where the brother 1 was counsling brother 2.

Later brother 1 was told that he was giving counsel to the wrong brother so he went to brother 2 and apologized and asked why he had not said anything.

brother 2 replies: I just enjoyed the counsel.

I realy love it when on 2 different occasions people tell that story in first person as if they were the ones giving the counsel.

After hearing it being used by my PO, then other elders in my cong, then at the CA's and DA's. I was like what a crock of socks.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That goes straight in the B.S File next to demonized Smurfs and all rock bands secretly worship Satan...and demonized handbag that stops you going Witnessing...crap on! Or the Religious idol that screamed when thrown in the fire...bull crap overload!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i have heard that same "story" , timbob.....

i agree it is time to call them out on their sources and make 'em sweat ..... i bet that "bro" groused all the way home!

good on you for calling BS!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

When I was still in, there was a CO (my wife and I call him "bruce almighty") who said the newspaper article about louderback wood's tort on blood was all lies. I asked him which part was a lie and he said he didn't say they were lies he lied to me. There was another woman in the cong who approached me and asked me why he said there were lies in the article and I told her he denied saying that.

• kzjw
    kzjw

Great job, but it's dissapointing that everyone else in the room just believed him. It's not like they will be watching CNN or any other news centre for accuracy. I hope you expressed your displeasure to your wife.

Oh you bet I let her have it...right there in the parking lot...She just gave me the "JW stare" (you know that deer in the headlights look) and then went to her book study! Unbelieveable...

• VM44
    VM44

Never let the facts get in the way of telling a good story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit