When you were a Jw did you have a relationship with God?

by Fisherman 31 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No. I tried, but it just didn't happen. Their Jehovah was more like Satan than a god of love.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

There was a time when I was a witness that I had a wonderful relationship with Jehovah, and I think it had more to do with my prayer life and the way I lived my life in accordance with the Bible then from being a "witness." I know he protected me in certain instances. I can say this, and I hope it doesn't make me sound crazy , but one day I was with my two daughers, they were about 11 and 7 at the time and we were late for the meeting. The KH was not in the very best neighborhood, and we had to park down the street from the hall, and it was a dark street. While walking up the street, this dog comes running out barking viciously at us from across the street. I told the girls to get behind me 'cause I didnt' want them to run and have the dog chase one of them.

I put my book bag in front of me, hoping to slam him with it and I just say softly, "Oh Jehovah", and he gets about 10 feet from us and all of the sudden he's running and the next minute he's screeching to a stop pushing backwards with his paws away from us (his body was in a forward momentum, so he was literally skidding trying to go back). Then he just turns and walks away. That to me spoke volume of Jehovah's love. For me, it was divine intervention. You had to see the way the dog looked. I don't know what he saw in front of me that I didn't see, but it wasn't my book bag that made him do that. With that being said, now that I'm no longer a witness I still, when I'm on top of my spiritual game, feel deeply connected to Jehovah God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit