Am I nuts or what?

by JK666 38 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

too funny JK and very nice of you....reminds me of my prom (yes got to go as a dub) borrowed a friends corvette and nearly killed myself twice with it.........130mph is still the fastest I have driven.....some nice memories there.....on the saab....my dad had a great one when I was in high school....and I loved it......but I bought a 2000 ragtop....beautiful british green with tan top and leather and it handled very poorly on curves on any type of rough pavement....I mean scary bad....took it to the dealer twice and finally sold it....loved the engine and 5 speed though, but she sure needed smooth pavement.............oompa

• JK666
    JK666

All is well that ends well!

Evan had a great time, and the car is back in one piece. We got a chance to talk when I drove him home, and he let me know some cool information.

When his mother called me yesterday after he borrowed it, she repeatedly kept telling me how weird it is that Evan and I have a close relationship. I countered that not only did her and I have a 5 year relationship, I also had one with the boys. I then said that just because her and I had our relationship break down, doesn't mean that my individual relationships with her children needed to change negatively. I then told her that I would be asking both Evan and Alex (her 14 year old son) to play golf together soon.

She stammered and said that Alex is confused, and doesn't want to do anything with me, then we ended that conversation.

I talked to Evan about that today, and asked if he knew how Alex felt toward me, and explained the gist of the conversation with his mother. He told me that Alex very much wants to spend time with me. He said it was like when she told me that none of the boys wanted to do anything with me, and didn't care if I was in their lives before Evan sought me out. I think that I will be able to make the golf thing happen. And I am officially invited to his graduation on June 1.

Life just keeps getting better.

JK

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thats great !!!! glad they both are in good condition...Sorry I didnt realize you & the ex had been 5 yr a couple.... Hope the rift heals.

• joebin
    joebin

That was cool.

• Layla33
    Layla33

No you are not nuts JK, very cool. I am sure he will have a great time.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Did you have to hose down the backseat?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

J - you shouldn't post pics of him like that.

My almost 9, going on 21 granddaughter was looking over my shoulder at the pics. "He's hot" is what she said.

Glad the Saab is back safe. Hey, when is the damned weather going to warm up enough to put the clubs in the trunk and meet me at the 1st tee?

Jeff

• changeling
    changeling

You did a nice thing, and now life seems "bright and shinny" for you. "What goes around, comes around".

I'm happy for you.

changeling :)

• dinah
    dinah

JK,

That boy knows you are a trusted friend, no matter what his mama says. He probably would rather die than wreck your car.

You did a good deed. Not only did this boy actually get to attend a prom, he got there in style.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit