Sister orders me to cooperate with shunning

by bluesapphire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• rhett
    rhett

tyydyy said that you don't have as much control as you think when you're a JW. That's true to a certain point but whatever control you don't have is only because you gave that control to someone else. They couldn't force you to do anything. I was born and raised a JW (3rd generation) and a couple people I was friends with were DF'd and I still talked to them. I didn't care what the elders thought even though there were plenty of consquences. Once again, it all just comes down to personal responsibility. You can shift the focus off of yourself all you want to but in the end it all comes down to what YOU do, not what they tell to do.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

There is a balance between blaming the organization and blaming the individual. The organization is responsible for the ugliness. They teach my sister that she must "form a loathing for me in her heart." That is ugly. They are responsible for that.

But my sister is responsible for how far she takes that. I know of dubs who love their inactive and disfellowshipped relatives and pray for them -- despite the article on forming a loathing in your heart.

So how far my sister decides to take the teachings is up to her. She has to face up to her own religious beliefs though. Like for example, why is she trying to hide what she is doing from the rest of the family? If it's righteous, why not "let her light shine" as she shuns me?

The fact that she knows she has to keep this ugliness from the family reveals a great deal in my opinion. It means deep down she doesn't agree with it which in turn means she is FORCING or EXHERTING herself to do it to the umpth degree. That is HER decision. No one is forcing her. She is forcing herself.

Disassociation is the "fine print" of the Watchtower's legal department. It is their brain child. If they (the individual dubs) were honest, they would let a person know the repercussions of their leaving the organization prior to commencing a bible study. But they do not reveal this info until much, much later when the person is sufficiently indoctrinated. That is dishonest. But the lawyers know that it's up to the individual recruitee to "read the fine print before they sign on the dotted line." You can't claim ignorance afterwards.

So now I am being told by another dub friend, "You knew the rules when you joined." And that's true to a certain point. Because their own published information clearly states, "NO FAMILY TIES ARE BROKEN WITH DISFELLOWSHIPPING." And I have a 1995 rag - the same rag of the famous "generation" change, which states they are not a cult specifically because they "do not break up families."

So what have we got here? A cult which doesn't follow their own rules. Looks like a class action lawsuit may have a chance if we take it from this avenue. And perhaps even my "worldly" family could join in on the lawsuit because they are being forced by the Watchtower to be exposed to this conduct. It is affecting our entire family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit