Sister orders me to cooperate with shunning

by bluesapphire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• josephus
    josephus

that is SOOOOOO SREWED UP

if jesus was here today, hed talk to you, and if the society dare to call that religion i hope they get their reward.

you are great, keep it up, maybe one day your sis will learn the "truth about the truth"

regards

josephus

• KSJordan
    KSJordan

You do NOT have to tell her what yours plans are for any day. If you want to go somewhere, you do not have to clear it with her like she is some type of parole officer or something. She does NOT own you or your itinerary.

• metatron
    metatron

Use rhetorical 'jujitsu'!

The more these elaborate shunning procedures become known,
    repeat over and over, "Well, you know how the Watchtower
    breaks up families." Nothing preachy, just a reminder
    now and then.

metatron

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Just adding my admiration! You are showing true, unconditional love. And, while it is spoiled brat behavior, it is sanctioned (NO, ORDERED), by the WTS. So, give them their share of culpability in this atrocious, uncivilized behavior. Their true colors are hanging out for everyone to see. They will either change or die out as a religion. I'm thinking they'll change.
    Love,
    Bridgette

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Three cheers!!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

Take a deep breath, and know that the pain and hurt that you are going through is helping your sister in the long run!!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

bluesapphire,

Aweseome way you handled that situation!

: E: I just want you to respect me and let me know when you're going to be somewhere.

Translation: "Please have the common decency to RESPECT ME and let me know where you are going and what you are doing, so I won't have to work so hard to treat you like dog shit."

Dubs are the laziest people in the world. They want shunees to go out of their way to accommodate them and make their shunning easier.

Sad.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thanks for your support, everyone! I couldn't sleep last night thinking of all the things I could have/should have said. But it's over now. She's going to Disneyland and DID NOT ask them whether I was going. I almost showed up there just to give her a scare ..... IT'S THE DEMON!!!! But nah...I got a life ya know.

Funny thing is this morning my sister-in-law, brother and mom have called me so far. They wanted to show me their support. They said they are going to tell E that they notice what she is doing and that they are disgusted with the Watchtower religion. My brother said he's going to say, "You are trying to force our non-JW family to abide by JW rules ..... you don't come to birthdays, you don't come to holidays, now you don't want to come to anything A goes to .... but A is our sister and we're inviting her. So basically that means the Watchtower has given you rules that prevent you from having anything to do with our family whatsoever .... Fine religion you picked!"

He was furious to say the least. And she's going to cry when he tells her this. I know her, the little hypocrite. She's going to think, "A stumbled our whole family." It wont even cross her mind that SHE did it all on her own. In 5 or 10 years (I suspect we're in for the long haul with her) she's going to look back on this and really feel stupid. The funny thing is that I've never disassociated or been disfellowshipped. Hmmmmm

Love ya everyone!
    Blue

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I think a lot of people forget what it was like to be a JW and the true lack of control that you have. I myself shunned my brother. I hated it but I did it because I was taught that this is what I am supposed to do not only for the good of the organization but for the good of my brother. Remember? They teach that the discipline is not pleasant but it is best for them in the long run.

If we condemn the individual actions of the members following the direction of the Borg, then we have to condemn almost everyone who posts on this web site as selfish, hurtful, unloving, and stupid. I for one, don't think that of very many people here.

TimB

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Ty: I disagree. Every JW knows what level they are willing to take the Watchtower rules to. Some people say hello to df'd persons in their own family and treat them great -- especially when there are no other dubs around. Others, like E, seem to get overzealous in their application of dub rules. She was acting on her own initiative. No Watchtower rag told her she had to do this. It's what Farkel said, she wanted me to make it easy for her to treat me like dog shit.

I refuse to do that. She probably wouldn't have done this if I had "respectfully" kept my head hung low, avoided eye contact, left the table so she could eat, etc. But the fact that I walk up to her and give her a kiss on the cheek in front of everyone when she can't do anything about it was too much for her to handle.

So she overreacted. Now I'm sure she feels like a retard. But the damage is done. And when she gets her earful from my family, well she's really going to wish she had been more intelligent in handling the situation.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Blue,

I value your thoughts. But keep in mind that you don't actually have to have a hard and fast set of rules to be under the influence of a cult. That's the real nature of a cult. People keep an eye on each other. When I was coming up, no "good" witness would be caught with a Judas Priest album. Were there any specific rules that said that you could not listen to Judas Priest? No. The effect is the same though because of the peer pressure and the need to be in God's favor and the Organizations favor. I personally felt a lot of pain for doing what I thought was the right thing when I shunned my brother. Probably not as much pain as him, but I do remember I cried a lot which is not normal for an 18 yr old boy. The best thing we can do with these people is feel pity and try to open their minds to the rest of the world.

I commend and admire you for the way that you handled the situation. You did not lash out on your sister personally. You became the better person. This stratagy could eventually soften your sister. I know that right now getting your sister out of the Borg may not be your first priority because of the pain she has caused you. But just imagine the difference in her personality if she was not a witness. The need to feel hatred for anyone who is different is something that we were taught as witnesses. It is hard to shake that mentality especially when we go to another religion that thinks that they have all the answers.
    I am not saying that some do not step over the line and do more hurtful things than what the Society teaches. Those people should be viewed as the scum that they are. Just like the coulple that beat their 12 yr old to death.
    I hope that one day you and your sister can look back on this experience and laugh.

Tim B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit