Odd JW visit today

by kwintestal 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I was in a Spanish congregation we were not "allowed" to offer English literature. We were to leave those for the english speaking congregation Yes In Montreal we were told that if we find another lang: also. You see it was hard for the Spanish( & other lang:) to get to them. So he probably took down your # & gave it to the Spanish congregation...

That was very kind of him I say!!!! But Kwint!!!!! You know me ....I would have dragged him in & read the right act to him. I talk fast inhalf an hour I could tell him my story THEN Unlock the door & let him out
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Did any one ever hear of the woman I believe in Scotland who did that? But she took them in her basement & wouldnt let them out for 2 days LOL
    Of course she was accused of kidnapping. But I would willingly do "time" in Jail for that, I did "time" in the WT 25 yrs ....

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    I was in ASL and we could only witness to the deaf... we would spend all day searching for deaf people (mostly a waste of time) but were not supposed to witness to non-deaf...

VERY interesting. Wife and I have old friends who are very active in ASL territory. I should ask about this. They love to brag about how loving the brothers and sisters in ASL are. Actually they love to brag about anything.

Geez, why are the still my friends? Oh yeah, they are old friends. Meh.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Incidentally, one of the biggest gripes (did I say that? People in service to Jah don't complain!) of foreign language congoes is that the members can literally spend an entire farking day driving all around and never talk to a soul!

At least if you re preaching the primary lauage you can park and walk rather than doing a stop, then having to load up and drive to the other side of the territory just to find that elusive furriner.

Biggest joke was when Bros would ASS-ume people with foreign sounding names would for some reason want to speak to JWs in pidgen-speak when obviously both spoke perfect English,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit