Odd JW visit today

by kwintestal 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

There was a knock on the door this morning. I was expecting a parcel so eagerly went to the door to find a lone man in a suit standing there. He asked if I spoke Spanish, to which I said "No." He then said he had some JW literature in Spanish, and he thought that Spanish people lived here and to have a good day. Then he left. No offer of something in English for me, he just left. I wasn't sure if I should have tried to initiate a conversation with him or what? But he just left. English was his first language too so it wasn't like he COULDN'T talk to me. Oh well. Just thought I'd share with the class.

Kwin

• sacolton
    sacolton

Cut a brother some slack. He's just trying to get his 10 hours in.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I remember reading a similar story on JWD in the recent past.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

He's a slacker! You should write to Bethel and complainabout poor customer service.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    You should write to Bethel and complainabout poor customer service

h40

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Many JWs are embarrassed of what they do and I'd guess the guy who stopped by your place today felt no different. Can't be to hard on them for not caring enough to spread their message at an opportune time. Pretty ironic when you think of it.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

When I was in a Spanish congregation we were not "allowed" to offer English literature. We were to leave those for the english speaking congregation

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    When I was in a Spanish congregation we were not "allowed" to offer English literature. We were to leave those for the english speaking congregation

Really? That just seems odd. Didn't Paul say something about making sure no oppourtunity gets wasted?

He's a slacker! You should write to Bethel and complainabout poor customer service.

Bethel and I aren't getting along so well lately. I think I'll let this one go.

Kwin

• garybuss
    garybuss

If you'da spoke Spanish, he'da said he has some English literature and walked away. It's a new strategy to save on literature printing expenses.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Really? That just seems odd. Didn't Paul say something about making sure no oppourtunity gets wasted?

Don't want to over-stimulate the householder. He has no info on when your territory was last covered and/or if you are on a DNC list.

When the Spanish cong was getting started in my area (20 years ago) we were told that they would be 'prospecting' and then only present to the Spanish speaking people. Conversely, if we found a house where the people really could not understand English, we were to simply thank them for their time and provide the address & info to the other cong.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit