Odd JW visit today

by kwintestal 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The dub version of prosylitizing gets more inept ever day. I saw a couple sitting in the parking lot at walgreens. I go in to get sinus meds and saw them talking to each other. I figure they will try and get me when I come out. I come out and they have moved their vehicle to a spot in the shade, still conversing very animatedly.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I was in ASL and we could only witness to the deaf... we would spend all day searching for deaf people (mostly a waste of time) but were not supposed to witness to non-deaf...

A@G

• parakeet
    parakeet

So ....... using JW reasoning, you're going to get roasted at Armageddon because you live in a house where Spanish-speaking people were supposed to live? Harsh.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Members of foreign lang. congregations who are in service for the congo are only allowed to witness in that language period.

He might also have been on "census duty". People who want to "help out" the new FL congo but are limited in their command of the language are sent to blanket a territory and map-out the victims that speak the language.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I was in ASL and we could only witness to the deaf... we would spend all day searching for deaf people (mostly a waste of time) but were not supposed to witness to non-deaf...

A@G

That is absolutely ludicrous on the WT's part......What a waste of time I agree! cheers! hope4others

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    So ....... using JW reasoning, you're going to get roasted at Armageddon because you live in a house where Spanish-speaking people were supposed to live? Harsh.

Yep. That was my chance. He said Jehobah's name and I refused him by not speaking Spanish. Take me now Satan.

Kwin

• lnunya
    lnunya

Wonder what would happen if they suddenly received the "gift of tongues?" Refuse to speak them???

• willyloman
    willyloman

The dub preaching work creates mostly robots who go to the door with a canned presentation and a head full of preconceived ideas. When these aren't fully realized, they become pissed off and look for a way to get off the doorstep as quickly as possible. See, it's not really about the "Good News." Field Service is a loyalty test that you can pass even without scoring any points.

The day I recognized this was one of many "aha!" moments that led me to return to the sanity of the world (if there is such a thing) after 30 years of wandering in the JW wilderness.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Been there, done that.

Foreign language congregations serve the same territories as English speaking congregations. I personally know of one Spanish congregation which services the same territory as five English congregations. So the witnesses are instructed to only preach to householders who speak the target language, leaving the others for the primary language congregations.

Forscher

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Maybe he had heard you are an Apostate, and he went to your door out of curiosity, or maybe he had intended to speak with you, but chickened out and used that as an excuse. Maybe he is also having doubts himself and wanted to talk to you, but thought he was at the wrong door. Maybe the spanish thing was just an excuse. You never know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit