The JWs have to travel all the way to Kamloops B.C. again!!"

by 1914BS 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

This is the (3rd?) time that JWs have to travel to Kamloops British Columbia, for their summer district convention. This DC used to be held at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver B.C.for at least 20 years that I know of.

I think that 2003 was the last year that JWs went to the Pacific Colisuem in Vancouver B.C. So the most recent Conventions were :

2003 Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver B.C.
    2004 Chilliwack B.C.
    2005 Kamloops B.C.
    2006 Kamloops B.C.
    2007 Chilliwack B.C.
    2008 Kamloops B.C.

If I don't got that right then please correct me!!!

Many JWs are cringing because they will be forced to pay at least $1000.00 for the trip to the D.C. this year because Kamloops is about a 4 hour drive from Vancouver!!! JWs are bravely obeying the falsely dressed slave humper and are combining their summer vacations at the same time. Talk about a theocraptic vacation!.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Didn't you get the memo? The GB is very concerned about the extra burdens of high gas prices ... uh, wait a minute ... hmmm ...

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Perhaps before your convention takes place; God will rain down fire and sulfur from the heavens, killling off nearly every living thing on earth in the massive conflagration known as : Armageddon. So cheer up, it could happen !

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Sacolton

Oh yes I do remember ..... gas is soooooooooo high.........

• joebin
    joebin
    The GB is very concerned about the extra burdens of high gas prices ...

The concern is only effective Jan 2009.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

joebin

Thanks for the HEADS UP!!!

• joebin
    joebin

it wasn't really a heads up but more of a sarcastic comment.

• Poztate
    Poztate

It is incredible that in an area (Greater Vancouver) that has a population of 2,500,000 (roughly) they could not find a venue to take them at reasonable cost.

Instead ALL the Dubs™ from the coast are forced to travel to Kamloops B.C.(population less than 100,000) to hold their ASSemblies. That is 350 KM or 220 miles away. I think they have to hold 4 or 5 assemblies to get everyone there.

Maybe the WT has a good skimming operation going with all the motels, hotels in the area to bump up their profits. They sure as hell aren't thinking of the people. When did they??

• orbison11
    orbison11

so what is happening here, is that the society is getting a $$$deal with the rental of the coliseum (or what ever it is)

and gladly having the lowly publishers pay the difference in their purchasing gas to attend

yet they are so concerned about the little gas needed to go to a local book study???? so does not make sense

argh

orb

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Poztate

I bet my morning donut that the WTS is skimming here. Maybe they have a deal with the hotel managers for a cut due to increased business during times when the hotel season is not at it's peak. I can't imagine any other reason to force 100,000 dubs to spend a huge chunk of the take home pay to listen to some babel from the falsely dressed slave humper.

Here are some hotels in Kamloops. Maybe someone on JWD could impersonate some WT brass and get the low down (poop) scoop.

http://www.iconvillage.com/KamloopsBC.html#hotel

hi orb ...the WTS always has an agenda for the things they do and say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit