I need to vent

by insearchof 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

Are you content with your husband and his job status?

If you are, then let him know it.

And then...

Maybe both of you together could tell the Pinnocchio elders, "What our family does is none of your biznis."

• chickpea
    chickpea

man, what a ride for your husband, eh? losing job and getting another in such a short time..... hope he fares well

i remember a friend at the KH we attended, lost his job and the "brothers" recommended he fill the new openings in his schedule with pioneering!!! talk about needing a reality b!tch slap!!

i wonder if they ever really listen to the stuff coming out of their mouths

• milligal
    milligal

I'm sorry for the hardship you and your husband are going through. Losing a job is very stressful for the whole family. Hang in there-lots of us go through it so you're not alone. Just remember whatever comes of it you can survive, you can get through it together (even though you might have a couple good arguments along the way : )

I agree with Flippers post. Once you're df'd you never hear from the elders again because you are outside their control-until then EVERYTHING you do is under the microscope. They should back off and give your family some space to figure things out.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Believe me, I'm no watchtower apologist...but typically, the elders' "watching you" means that they are considering a man for appointment. An unemployed loafer doesn't make for an exemplary servant. I 'm not there, but I don't see anything too unusual in the concern shown by the two "elders" regarding the family's financial and emotional well-being. It's in the job description. Just some observations from a guy who's been there, done that. Carlos

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Wanna see how satan can be used in this instance?

i remember a friend at the KH we attended, lost his job and the "brothers" recommended he fill the new openings in his schedule with pioneering!!! talk about needing a reality b!tch slap!!

When my dad was out of work back in the late 1960's one elder told him to pioneer. Yes, pioneer and Satan will find you a job to slow down the preaching work! So now there is proof positive that Satan is behind the Employment Office, Monster.com, Kelly Girl, and Manpower!!

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    When my dad was out of work back in the late 1960's one elder told him to pioneer. Yes, pioneer and Satan will find you a job to slow down the preaching work! So now there is proof positive that Satan is behind the Employment Office, Monster.com, Kelly Girl, and Manpower

So in other words, the elder was actually admitting that Satan was really quite helpful and would help people find a job when apparently prayers to God would not.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Thanks for venting to us!

Good luck on your husband's job search!

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit