I need to vent

by insearchof 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• insearchof
    insearchof

Two elders really annoyed me tonight.My husband was terminated from his job last week,so this week he's been doing odd jobs until his new job starts in two weeks.Now the elders don't know that he is started a new job soon,so instead of asking him how everything is going the p.o asked my mom how she feels about her son in law losing his job and if everything is ok.Why is it any of his business to know,and why ask my mom in the first place she doesn't know what goes on in our home.The another elder tells my husband that he needs to hurry up and find a job because the elders are watching him.What are they going to do df him for losing his job?What happened to the support that they are supposed to give us in our time of need?This whole org is a crock it's so freakin annoying.

• avengers
    avengers
    This whole org is a crock it's so freakin annoying.

You're absolutely right. At least you're on the right track.

Andy

• flipper
    flipper

IN SEARCH OF- The elders are all about control, control, and more control. They intrude in your life when it is none of their business , and when you really do need them , they are usually no-shows, nowhere to be found. They are the most perplexing thing I ever saw in the witness organization. Sorry you are going through this, hang in there. Peace out,Mr. Flipper

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, it will be really easy to get out - just ask a couple of them to loan you some money!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tell those elders the Bible says mind your own business. (1 Thessalonians 4:11)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

What kind of work does your husband do? Is the new job something he enjoys doing?

As far as the elders go? Screw Them

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    ,so instead of asking him how everything is going the p.o asked my mom how she feels about her son in law losing his job

Pretty gutsy move on their part to approach your mom. That's like trying to cause dissension in the family, they need to be put in

their place.

cheers!

hope4others

• sspo
    sspo
    The another elder tells my husband that he needs to hurry up and find a job because the elders are watching him.

Tell your husband to have a meeting with the the above elder and a few others and see what the hell the elders are watching him for.

It's none of their business whether he finds a job or not. He's not begging is he?

If they give you problems, contact the CO and try to get an explanation why the elders are behaving like jackass and getting involved in people's business.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Oh for crying out loud..how old is your husband? 12? He needs to call them up and tell them the butt the hell out of his life.

lisa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Try this - they will butt out in a hurry:

Call them up and quote a couple scriptures that support the idea that the congregation should aid those within thru times of trouble. Then having said that, ask them for a loan to tide you over until you can get back on your feet. Call each of them individually with same request.

Guaranteed - all you will see is the tail going over the hill as they try and avoid you.

Jeff

Edited to add: Oops I see that Hortensia had the same idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit