Believer's how long will you allow this blasphemy?

by dawg 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawg
    dawg

As all of you know, I do not believe the Bible's divine... but if I did, I find that much of what the Society says is outright blasphemy. Notice this insert from the April 15th, WT... you can look it up for yourselves as I'm certain I'm not taking this out of context. If you believe the Bible is the word of God (I find it hard to believe that anyone can take it literal) but if you do, then what about the souls of your family still in? If they do as this Wt says they are committing blasphemy, as the GB continuously interchanges itself with God.

Evil exists when good men do nothing.

WT. April 15, 2008...

Elders do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.
    20 Valueless things-be they "gods," words Our Christian brotherhood is another valuable resource in seeking jehovah's guidance. Central to that brotherhood is "the faithful and discreet slave" with its representative Governing Body, which issues a constant supply of spiritual food in the form of printed material and programs for meetings
    16, 17. How can we make the most of the Bible as a source of divine guidance? In what ways does Jehovah use the Christian brotherhood to guide us? Yes, in a number of ways, jehovah offers guidance, and we do well to take full advantage of it. Speaking of a time when Israel proved faithful, King David said: "In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you kept providing them with escape. To you they cried out, and they got away safe; in you they trusted, and they did not come to shame." If we trustingly follow Jehovah's guidance, we too will "not come to shame." We will not be disappointed in our hope. If
    we 'roll upon jehovah our way,' instead of relying on our own wisdom, the results will be
    rich blessings even now. And if we loyally persevere in that course, those blessings will be eternal.

• dawg
    dawg

There's much more blasphemy in this addition, feel free to add.

• flipper
    flipper

DAWG- Are these guys doing a comedy hour when they write this crap ? The quote; " Elders do not go beyond the things written in the Bible. And by extension they do not go beyond the Bible -based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave ". Yeah, right. Then why was it when I was a witness I always got counsel shot off the hip so to speak and full of their own personal opinions ? They ALWAYS went beyond what was written- and added their own takes on things because they valued their own opinions more due to their arrogance ! Power corrupts- absolute power corrupts absolutely ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Vincent
    Vincent

I lost faith in the bible while going through the Post Cult trauma Syndrome just for being a bible study student for 7 months. I basically dont belive it at all, All I think now is generally there is good and bad. Some places dont even belive in the satan. I been in to spirtualism since I was 11 but I dont do stupid things like playing with ouija board basically its up to people what they belive or not. I really do find it less stressful compared to all the work I had to do while was bible student. As with spiritualism and bible condemes it, we are all psychic in some sort of ways ie with true dreams and thoughts before it happens.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Dawg- yes, we believers (that know about what the WT really is) know that this is blasphemy- but what can we do about it? If I could do something to stop it, I certainly would not "allow it" to continue. We also know that the FDS adds it's own opinion in with whatever they disseminate to the masses, and that hardly any, possibly none of it, is really Bible based.

Vincent- welcome to the board! I do believe that many, if not all, people have psychic abilities. I know that for a fact, because there are people that I am so close to that we are on "the same wavelength"- can complete each other's sentences, know each other's thoughts. I don't know if there are people who can actually communicate with the dead- that's stretching it for me. Please write more about your spiritualism beliefs- maybe in your own thread? I know I'm not the only one interested. -Potential

• carla
    carla

I once did an entire 5 pages or so for my jw on why the wt is blasphemous, wish I knew where I put that! They have so much to work with I could have gone on even longer but as it is he usually only responded with cut & paste's from the wt's. I got tired of spending so much damn time when he barely skimmed all my hard work. He did not care what I believed or thought or even all the research which included scriptures and wt's, he only cared about what he would say next and changing the subject when he had no answers.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

How long will I allow the blasphemy?

It isn't up to me to stop anything. I am not even allowed to make my opinions public even here,

• DJK
    DJK
    'roll upon jehovah our way,' instead of relying on our own wisdom

WTF???

• berylblue
    berylblue

How long will I allow the blasphemy? It isn't up to me to stop anything. I am not even allowed to make my opinions public even here, -------------------- Why is this? Is it because your opinions are not popular? Neither are mine. LOL. I'd just keep offering my opinions, if for no other reason than to p$ss people off. In my experience, some of the self-righteous JWs have become sanctimoniously self-righteous ex-JWs, and they'd be that way regardless of which religion they fled.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Hi Dawg - While I fully appreciate the point that you make in your post, it should be kept in mind that the concept of "blasphemy" is entirely subjective. In fact, there exists virtually no objective criterion/criteria - no objective standard(s) - by which people can indentify "blasphemy." If it is impossble to define or to limn blaspemy, how then would it be possible to sanction/punish/squelch it? What is "blaspemy" for one person, is humor [or conviction, or enlightenment, or even "truth"] for another person. For some people, parody [the "lowering" of what most people view as elevated] is blasphemy. Conversely, for others, idolotry [the elevation of something generally viewed as debased] is blasphemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit