Prince Debuts Cover of Christian Rock Ballad 'What If' - This should be an instant disfellowshipping event

by paulmolark 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

http://www.etonline.com/news/161150_prince_new_single_what_if/

So Prince sings a Christian rock ballad with another young Christian woman. He has engaged in:

Interfaith as well as singing Christian songs which are both disfellowshipping offenses.

WHAT IF NOTHING HAPPENS - I had to say that

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    No...they won't DF him, he donates too much to the org. Same as the tennis playing Williams sisters. No DF'ing or reproof for them either for the nude photos or photos with them draped in an American Flag. This is why they make such good JW's, they are HYPOCRITES!
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    the Williams sisters are not baptised witnesses
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark
    In all honesty I guess I should have realized that as well.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It doesn't matter if they are baptized. They thank Jehovah every time they win a tennis game. They should know better than to pose nude or drape themselves in a flag. I know "worldly" people who wouldn't even pull those stunts. Too much class. They get away with it because of the $$$. Been watching this crap all our lives.
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    using the name Jehovah does not make you a JW. Hundreds of millions of people use the name Jehovah.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There was a topic thread about this yesterday.

It would be a good guess that Prince hasn't much to do with the JWS as of late.

Cant see him going door to door or attending meetings looking like this.

He tries to put on the Christian persona but in reality he is still a celebrity Rock and Roll musician/performer.

Why doesn't he leave the rock roll and just do Christian influenced music if thats where his heart is at ?

Because of this $$$$

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yet, this "third eye" concept, his sunglasses, represent some extra enlightenment with the individual, not a JW concept. Special enlightenment is only through the GB, not within the individual JW.

Wiki: The third eye (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring to a speculative invisible eye which provides perception beyond ordinary sight.[1] In certain dharmic spiritual traditions such as Hinduism, the third eye refers to the ajna, or brow, chakra.[2] In Theosophy it is related to the pineal gland.[3] The third eye refers to the gate that leads to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye often symbolizes a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychological significance. The third eye is often associated with religious visions, clairvoyance, the ability to observe chakras and auras,[4] precognition, and out-of-body experiences. People who are claimed to have the capacity to utilize their third eyes are sometimes known as seers.

He seems to be going a type of apostate.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    insidetheKH
    using the name Jehovah does not make you a JW. Hundreds of millions of people use the name Jehovah.

My mother (born in) would deny this. She allways says: "ONLY JW use the name Jehovah." I know not one JW, who would admit, that other "worldly people" use this name.

• steve2
    steve2

The "third eye" concept goes back thousands of years into what JWs would indignantly refer to as paganism. I understand that it is also featured in some forms of modern Hinduism. Christian fundamentalists, of which JWs are simply one slender branch, run shrieking from this kind of satanic influence.

As for Prince's fascination with Christian radio, have you heard him speak about religion? He could never be mistaken for a sharp thinker when it comes to religiosity. He's kind of "up there" in the clouds of waffling sentiments.

Come to think of it, have you ever known a "famous" Witness who has spoken well about their faith?

If I were still a Witness, I'd find his public escapades embarrassing. You will not be reading about this man's antics in the organization's literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit