by sacolton 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

West of Austin, TX

Cheapest (Wal-mart) $3.46

Exxon $3.59

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

$3.54 North of Nashville, TN. It cost me $78.00 to fill up my Tahoe today. OUCH!!!

momz

• llbh
    llbh

About $11 but a lot of that is TAX @ 70% and we have great healthcare

david

• 5go
    5go

West of Austin, TX

Cheapest (Wal-mart) $3.46

I miss that 3.69 Amarillo, Tx

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

It has been a week since I have bought gas but it was $3.29 then.

• 5go
    5go

Yeah I am ticking my family off I fill up once week and can easily go to town ( amarillo 50 miles away ) and back on a 1/4 of a 13 gallon tank. It's a half of a 40 gallon tank for them.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

$3.67 for Regular in Las Vegas...

• Mulan
    Mulan
    $3.69 in Oklahoma City, OK ... and going up!

it's about the same here...............Diesel is about $1.00 more. Yikes.

I get 15 cents off for each gallon, for using my grocery store "club card"..............they have a gas station in front, and if you buy $100 worth of groceries that month, you get the lesser price for up to 50 gallons. Pretty sweet these days.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Diesel is 4.09 here.

• JCanon
    JCanon

$3.49 for regular in East Texas!

Plus it directly affects taxi services which immediately went up a dollar on their price: a $3 ride is now $4, a $5 ride now $6.

I remember years ago you could get gas for 25 cents a gallon on sale! No more...

It's affecting JOBS as well. A higher paying job that's in a nearby town is no longer an increase in pay if you have to commute because of the gas prices. People need to work closer to home (or from home, if possible).

On another note of IRONY as far as gas prices go. Many witnesses in large cities don't have far to go for their Book Studies or the Hall. But when I served where the "need was greater" in Arkansas, there you had just a few brothers, the territory was an entire county sometimes, and you'd be on the road for an hour sometimes to get to a Book Study group or to the Kingdom Hall. Even back then the cost of transportation to carry out the ministry was a MAJOR BUDGET ITEM. It was a huge burden for those already needy and saving money while trying to stay in the F/T ministry. Obviously, this will impact on the witnesses in the rural areas where its nothing to travel 50 or 60 miles both ways on a daily basis. That was way back when gas was under a dollar a gallon!

It will affect the value of goods and services as well. Alright streamlined budgets will have to make way for the rise in energy and obviously services will be cut. It's just that simple.

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit