Total # of ppl killed by God is about 2,270,365

by chrisjoel 40 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

LtCmd.Lore Who said all humans are God's Children?
    No idea... Who? And why is that important?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LtCmd.Lore

Forget clones, what are children but the creation of their parents? By this reasoning a parent is perfectly justified in torturing her child to death.

Wasn't this meant to compare God with human parents?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Wasn't this meant to compare God with human parents?

No, it was meant to show that just because you create a life, it doesn't give you the right to destroy or harm it. You said: "Since God is the giver of life, He is justified in taking that life. " A parent isn't allowed to kill a child simply based on the fact that the parent gave that child life. That's just wrong. And a god isn't allowed to kill a human simply based on the fact that he gave the human life. That's also wrong. Doctor Soong isn't allowed to kill Data simply because he gave Data life. This is equally wrong.

• Summer wine
    Summer wine

The one that gets me, is the fellow who was killed for picking up sticks on a sabbath...................Then Jesus condemns the Pharisees for criticizing him for plucking wheat on the sabbath If you knew someone who was struck down , would you also do it AND if there was more to it was arent we told ?

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I said:

So because God created a living being it's okay for him to beat the hell out of it and kill it if he wants to ? Now that's a warm and fuzzy thought ! If humans are ever able to clone other humans I guess it will be okay to use them for target practice !

Deputy Dog said:

So you think that cloning makes men God?

God ? No. Godlike ? Yes. Please see LtCmd.Lore comments above (regarding creating life and responsibility) as he perfectly describes the point I was making.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Lore

And a god isn't allowed to kill a human simply based on the fact that he gave the human life. That's also wrong.

Wrong according to you. Who is going to stop Him? The creation?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Doctor Soong isn't allowed to kill Data simply because he gave Data life. This is equally wrong.

Do you think Doctor Soong should have killed Lore?

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

And a god isn't allowed to kill a human simply based on the fact that he gave the human life. That's also wrong.
    Wrong according to you. Who is going to stop Him? The creation?

So what exactly are we talking about here ? God's POWER over creation or his LOVE for it ? Because I see plenty of potential power, what I don't see is LOVE or CONCERN.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

BA

So what exactly are we talking about here ? God's POWER over creation or his LOVE for it ?

That another problem. Are we talking about God's love for creation or love for His children? I don't believe all humans are God's children.

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

this reminds me of a conversation with my mom

she was trying to convince me that God would never create such a vile creature as Satan, so I asked her, well then who did? of course that left her jaw hanging

so these children that are not of God, who created them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit