Total # of ppl killed by God is about 2,270,365

by chrisjoel 40 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    I don't believe all humans are God's children.

Paul did.

Addressing atheists and polytheists, he said:

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring (Acts 17:29, KJ).

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

lilyflor

so these children that are not of God, who created them?

They are part of God's creation. They are not His children.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ham

Act 17:26

"And He made from one blood every nation of human beings to be living on all the face of the earth, having designated times having been appointed [for them] and the boundaries of their habitation, 27[in order for them] to be seeking the Lord, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find [Him], and yet He is not far from each one of us. 28 "'For in Him we live and move and are [fig., exist],' as also some of your* poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring' [i.e. quoting Epimendes (c. 600 B.C.) and Aratus of Cilia (c. 270 B.C.), respectively]. 29 "Therefore, being offspring of God, we ought not to be thinking the Divine Nature to be similar to gold or silver or stone, an image [shaped by] humanity's skill and imagination.

Clearly this does not talk about all humans being God's children, but, the believers outside the house of Israel, being of all races.

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

so he has disowned most of his creation......so sad

you do realize that as our Creator it is actually not his right, but his responsiblity to care for us or else he should have thought twice about bringing children into this world

IMHO

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Since God is the giver of life, He is justified in taking that life.

Thankfully, there are millions of humans that have seen this for what it is.

In catholic school
    As vicious as Roman rule
    I got my knuckles bruised
    By a lady in black
    And I held my tongue
    As she told me, "Son,
    Fear is the heart of love"
    So I never went back -
    from I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie

Your vile God is dead, Deputy.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

lilyflor

so he has disowned most of his creation......so sad

No, He didn't disown them. They are His. Just as with the rest of creation, and He will do with it, as He see fit.

His children (the elect) are adopted through faith in Christ.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    29 "Therefore, being offspring of God, we ought not to be thinking the Divine Nature to be similar to gold or silver or stone, an image [shaped by] humanity's skill and imagination.

It's clear Paul's talking about idol-worshippers, who are, despite their ignorance about the divine nature, still offspring of God.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Perhaps what you've done DD is to create God in your image ? I mean, you talk about living beings as if they're objects, as things to be used without real concern, as disposables or mere tools.I'd imagine many people feel that by "backing up" God they're a real "shoe-in" for eternal life. "After all, I'm "saved", who cares about everyone else ?"

I wonder though...what if you eventually find out you're God's shit list ? Will you take such a casual view of , "He will do, as He sees fit" ?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

BA

I wonder though...what if you eventually find out you're God's shit list ? Will you take such a casual view of , "He will do, as He sees fit" ?

That's the great thing about faith in what God has done to save me, I simply trust His promises

Rom 8:1

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

BA

"After all, I'm "saved", who cares about everyone else ?"

What makes you think I don't care?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit