Illegals and Job Growth

by sammielee24 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wha H...

I'm glad someone's with me on this one....

If you eat fruit grown in America, illegal aliens probably picked it, and another may have transported it.

if you eat in a restaurant in America, there is probably an illegal alien in the kitchen.

if you stay in a small hotel in America, an illegal alien might clean your room.

if you eat fast food, an illegal alien might flip your burger.

If you live in America, an illegal alien might be your neighbor (there's at least 12 million of them here.... that's 12 times the number of dubs!!!)

You get the idea...

If you deport them all, who's gonna.........? Give them a chance, and they will continue. I have some staying with me...haha

• 5go
    5go

I am in an area that is cracking down on aliens. BTW wages are going through the roof meat packer are now paying 12 an hour. That was a minimum wage job not that long ago.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea everyone is willing to pick fruit for top wages but hello, how much do u think that fruit will be when it hits the markets? Do u honestly think that a person would pay more for food than they do now. This happened in the 50's as this thread mentioned and when fruit and vegetables went through the roof guess who was invited back?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

"If you eat fruit grown in America, illegal aliens probably picked it...."

The same thing was said by tomato growers when the bracero program was ended. Guess what? Tomato growers coupled with geneticists to create an oblong rather than spherical tomato which lent itself to mechanical pickers. Within 18 to 24 months the artificial spike in tomato prices was removed. The same thing will happen with any other industry that relies on the slavery otherwise known as illegal immigration.

"...and another may have transported it."

One question. How about those Teamsters? Oh, yeah, they are in bed with the globalist governments that want to keep wages artificially low.

"if you eat in a restaurant in America, there is probably an illegal alien in the kitchen."

Probably, and when you eat there think of the unprecedented rise in TB, Hepatitis, and other blood or air borne diseases that had virtually been eliminated from this country just 20 years ago that have resurfaced thanks to the illegal immigration that has been fostered by this government, and in particular the Bush administration.

"if you stay in a small hotel in America, an illegal alien might clean your room."

How many native born Americans have had their jobs taken by illegals?

"if you eat fast food, an illegal alien might flip your burger."

Yes, these were jobs that many of us had as teenagers. Now, they are filled by illegals.

"If you live in America, an illegal alien might be your neighbor (there's at least 12 million of them here...."

Yes, these would be the "neighbors" that play that horrid pom-pom music till 3 in the morning. The "neighbors" that murder grandmothers who simply scold them for vandalizing her neighborhood. The "neighbors" that molest and impregnate 10, 11 & 12 year old girls. The "neighbors" that parade up and down the streets waving the flags of their home countries demanding amnesty. The "neighbors" that hurl frozen water bottles and cups filled with urine at American soccer players. The "neighbors" that are in the process of ethnically cleansing African-Americans from the city of Los Angeles. For example, murdering a promising young black student who had no gang affiliations in order to fulfill some twisted "machismo" gang initiation. Some neighbors aren't they?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it is the same paranoid & twisted thinking that results during an economic slowdown that ALL illegal aliens are here to marry your daughter and kill your son.

I'm amazed how this has turned into a discussion of how brownie is here to take your economy and kill your children. It never progresses and comes down to the same paranoia. Very few of our ancestors were here 300 years ago. Since then, it's been people fleeing religious, economic repression for a better life.

BTW, will a single one of u out there come up with a single job from u or your friends that was lost to an illegal alien.

I say count them, allow them to work, and collect the taxes. Setting up a reason to stay underground and illegal means all of these people will not pay taxes.

There are countries out there that have a solid border. Trying going to North Korea. If the US government was serious about immigration issues they would have one as well, but they know they need this cheap labor.

XJW4EVER u are one paranoid person. You have obvious issues that will not be solved with brownie moving out of LA. To rip apart an entire culture because of something u read on the news or one family goes to show exactly how intolerant of anything slightly different around u. Why don't u tell your mayor in LA your issues.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I am in an area that is cracking down on aliens. BTW wages are going through the roof meat packer are now paying 12 an hour. That was a minimum wage job not that long ago.

Terrific! That is just the kind of market-based pay boost that working Americans need. Enforcement is working! BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wha H...

I'm glad someone's with me on this one....

If you eat fruit grown in America, illegal aliens probably picked it, and another may have transported it.

if you eat in a restaurant in America, there is probably an illegal alien in the kitchen.

if you stay in a small hotel in America, an illegal alien might clean your room.

if you eat fast food, an illegal alien might flip your burger.

If you live in America, an illegal alien might be your neighbor (there's at least 12 million of them here.... that's 12 times the number of dubs!!!)

You get the idea...

If you deport them all, who's gonna.........? Give them a chance, and they will continue. I have some staying with me...haha

Haha. If illegals don't pick the tomatos someone else (or something else) will--at a higher wage.

This is a good thing. A lot of the stagnation in wage growth over the last decades is attributable to a cheap desperate underground labor pool of illegal immigrants.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    yea everyone is willing to pick fruit for top wages but hello, how much do u think that fruit will be when it hits the markets? Do u honestly think that a person would pay more for food than they do now. This happened in the 50's as this thread mentioned and when fruit and vegetables went through the roof guess who was invited back?

Labor is only a small percentage of the cost of vegetables.

* Labor costs comprise only 6 percent of the price consumers pay for fresh produce. Thus, if farm wages were allowed to rise 40 percent, and if all the costs were passed on to consumers, the cost to the average household would be only about $8 a year.

Small price to pay! Besides you are already paying for those cheap vegetables in a different way. Illegal immigrants are a drain on public services--funded by your taxes. If labor cost gets high enough, someone will invent better mechanization. For example, no one hand picks corn or wheat anymore. We ave new technologies in computing, networking, and remote sensing that have been developed over the last two decades that have not been fully leveraged in agribusiness. http://www.cis.org/articles/2000/back1200.html BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    anyone who has eaten vegetables or fruit, bought electronics, eaten at a restaurant, stayed at a hotel owes a thank u to legal aliens. Although most of the fruit pickers are illegal.

If someone I do not know breaks into my house without my permission but scrubs my toilets, when I get home they are still going to see the wrong end of a shotgun. BTS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

This is a good thing. A lot of the stagnation in wage growth over the last decades is attributable to a cheap desperate underground labor pool of illegal immigrants.

Exaggerated beyond common sense.

This may be true at the low end of the wage pool, but certainly not above that where the majority of a nations wealth is earned. The low end of the wage pool is a place that most Americans, understandably, do not live and do not want to live.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit