Any gay former JWs out there?

by BenV 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Not gay, but the friend of many a gay JW who eventually broke out. And one or two who jumped back in!! Good god!

I had four close JW friends who eventually climbed out of the closet - after fathering 10 kids amongst them. I wish them and you Ben all the best in the world. And you are definitely welcome here.

S4

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Oops misread the title... thought it was about former gay JWs.

welcome benv

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Hey Ben,

There are quite a few gay members of the board. And, in my experience, the straight folks on this site (for the most part) are very supportive.

CountryGuy

• BenV
    BenV

OK, I'm back. Got home from work. Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate that you took the time to write.

I kind of went crazy on Sunday and started that Yahoo group -- but I've disbanded the "party of one." So the link is no longer any good. (Couldn't figure out how to edit/delete it in the post.) And it seems there are lots of other resources for those who are XJW-Lite.

Hey, you're a sweetheart Auntie Momz. (Isn't that a movie?) I'll send you a birthday card.

There were some other nice response, like from Spaghetti-Man -- thanks for the kind PMs (is that what they're called? Sounds like something female to me.)

Wish I had written down peoples' names to personally respond but ...

Ben (forgettin')

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

There has been an exgay support group out there for years which has had differing numbers of participants over the years. it is called A Common Bond

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Hey, you're a sweetheart Auntie Momz. (Isn't that a movie?)

You know, sometimes we just have to form our own families. I don't know if it's a movie, maybe it should be.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit